Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#63950 by Bob859
Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:01 pm
I would like to suggest that calls would go to voicemail when internet and/or power are out. The way it is now, calls get a busy signal or worse, they get a recording that says that the number is not in service.

#63952 by Leeway
Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 pm
You can take care of that. Just go into your account settings and take "call forward on network outage" pick another phone number such as your cell phone.

Donna
#63958 by FreePhone
Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:34 pm
Leeway wrote:Just go into your account settings and take "call forward on network outage" pick another phone number such as your cell phone.

I am interested in this also but can't find it. Is that a Premier only feature?
#63968 by Bob859
Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 am
FreePhone wrote:
Leeway wrote:Just go into your account settings and take "call forward on network outage" pick another phone number such as your cell phone.

I am interested in this also but can't find it. Is that a Premier only feature?

Yes, it is a Premier only feature.
#64112 by FreePhone
Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm
Bob859 wrote:Yes, it is a Premier only feature.

Well that sucks. In that case then, I agree that calls should automatically go to voicemail when the internet or power is out on the Ooma box. Shouldn't have to have Premier for this.
#64132 by Hollywood
Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:29 pm
I would hope that Ooma's system priority is to stay up and able to make and receive calls. I am guessing there are backup systems. Even if so, there may be causes outside of their network that could cause calls to fail. THOSE ARE MY ASSUMPTIONS.

As far as allowing calls to be forwarded if the Ooma box fails, if that were allowed to non-premier users, then all a free user would have to do to access that feature would be to unplug their Ooma. I don't fault Ooma for charging for some of their features.
#64188 by Bob859
Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:35 pm
Hollywood wrote:I would hope that Ooma's system priority is to stay up and able to make and receive calls. I am guessing there are backup systems. Even if so, there may be causes outside of their network that could cause calls to fail. THOSE ARE MY ASSUMPTIONS.

As far as allowing calls to be forwarded if the Ooma box fails, if that were allowed to non-premier users, then all a free user would have to do to access that feature would be to unplug their Ooma. I don't fault Ooma for charging for some of their features.

Core users can make their calls go to voicemail by simply disconnecting their phone from the ooma. I don't care if I can't forward, but when the power or internet is out, I would like my calls to be able to go to voicemail, like they do when the phone is disconnected from the ooma. Instead, the caller gets a busy signal or worse, a recording that says that the number is no longer in service. IMO, that is a big flaw with ooma. I like everything else about ooma, but I hate for my calls to get a recording that says my number is out of service.

#64192 by lbmofo
Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm
Bob859 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:I would hope that Ooma's system priority is to stay up and able to make and receive calls. I am guessing there are backup systems. Even if so, there may be causes outside of their network that could cause calls to fail. THOSE ARE MY ASSUMPTIONS.

Core users can make their calls go to voicemail by simply disconnecting their phone from the ooma. I don't care if I can't forward, but when the power or internet is out, I would like my calls to be able to go to voicemail, like they do when the phone is disconnected from the ooma. Instead, the caller gets a busy signal or worse, a recording that says that the number is no longer in service. IMO, that is a big flaw with ooma. I like everything else about ooma, but I hate for my calls to get a recording that says my number is out of service.

You mean when you lose internet or power, your calls don't go to VM?
#64195 by Bob859
Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 pm
lbmofo wrote:
Bob859 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:

You mean when you lose internet or power, your calls don't go to VM?

That's right. The caller get a busy signal or a message that says that the number no longer in service.