Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Bob859
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by Bob859 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:01 pm

I would like to suggest that calls would go to voicemail when internet and/or power are out. The way it is now, calls get a busy signal or worse, they get a recording that says that the number is not in service.

.

User avatar
Leeway
Posts: 933
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:50 pm
Location: North of Milwaukee WI

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by Leeway » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 pm

You can take care of that. Just go into your account settings and take "call forward on network outage" pick another phone number such as your cell phone.

Donna

FreePhone
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by FreePhone » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Leeway wrote:Just go into your account settings and take "call forward on network outage" pick another phone number such as your cell phone.
I am interested in this also but can't find it. Is that a Premier only feature?

Bob859
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by Bob859 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:56 am

FreePhone wrote:
Leeway wrote:Just go into your account settings and take "call forward on network outage" pick another phone number such as your cell phone.
I am interested in this also but can't find it. Is that a Premier only feature?
Yes, it is a Premier only feature.

FreePhone
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by FreePhone » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Bob859 wrote:Yes, it is a Premier only feature.
Well that sucks. In that case then, I agree that calls should automatically go to voicemail when the internet or power is out on the Ooma box. Shouldn't have to have Premier for this.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by lbmofo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:16 pm

They do go to VM.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Hollywood
Posts: 139
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:05 pm

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by Hollywood » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:29 pm

I would hope that Ooma's system priority is to stay up and able to make and receive calls. I am guessing there are backup systems. Even if so, there may be causes outside of their network that could cause calls to fail. THOSE ARE MY ASSUMPTIONS.

As far as allowing calls to be forwarded if the Ooma box fails, if that were allowed to non-premier users, then all a free user would have to do to access that feature would be to unplug their Ooma. I don't fault Ooma for charging for some of their features.

Bob859
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by Bob859 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Hollywood wrote:I would hope that Ooma's system priority is to stay up and able to make and receive calls. I am guessing there are backup systems. Even if so, there may be causes outside of their network that could cause calls to fail. THOSE ARE MY ASSUMPTIONS.

As far as allowing calls to be forwarded if the Ooma box fails, if that were allowed to non-premier users, then all a free user would have to do to access that feature would be to unplug their Ooma. I don't fault Ooma for charging for some of their features.
Core users can make their calls go to voicemail by simply disconnecting their phone from the ooma. I don't care if I can't forward, but when the power or internet is out, I would like my calls to be able to go to voicemail, like they do when the phone is disconnected from the ooma. Instead, the caller gets a busy signal or worse, a recording that says that the number is no longer in service. IMO, that is a big flaw with ooma. I like everything else about ooma, but I hate for my calls to get a recording that says my number is out of service.

.

User avatar
lbmofo
Posts: 9337
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Location: Greater Seattle
Contact:

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by lbmofo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Bob859 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:I would hope that Ooma's system priority is to stay up and able to make and receive calls. I am guessing there are backup systems. Even if so, there may be causes outside of their network that could cause calls to fail. THOSE ARE MY ASSUMPTIONS.

As far as allowing calls to be forwarded if the Ooma box fails, if that were allowed to non-premier users, then all a free user would have to do to access that feature would be to unplug their Ooma. I don't fault Ooma for charging for some of their features.
Core users can make their calls go to voicemail by simply disconnecting their phone from the ooma. I don't care if I can't forward, but when the power or internet is out, I would like my calls to be able to go to voicemail, like they do when the phone is disconnected from the ooma. Instead, the caller gets a busy signal or worse, a recording that says that the number is no longer in service. IMO, that is a big flaw with ooma. I like everything else about ooma, but I hate for my calls to get a recording that says my number is out of service.

.
You mean when you lose internet or power, your calls don't go to VM?
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

Image

Bob859
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: Calls should go to voicemail when internet is out

Post by Bob859 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 pm

lbmofo wrote:
Bob859 wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
.
You mean when you lose internet or power, your calls don't go to VM?
That's right. The caller get a busy signal or a message that says that the number no longer in service.


.

Post Reply