Two days ago my home phone line died, and incoming callers got a message that there was no such subscriber. Based on that, I figured that my number had been ported, despite the lack of progress shown on the website. My OOMA phone was still ringing on the temporary number, however. That evening, I emailed technical support about the problem.
I called OOMA technical support the next morning and got through right away. The person on the phone was polite and repeatedly apologetic, but said that there was absolutely nothing she could do since they had not gotten any notice from AT&T that the port had been done. I asked, but she said that she could not contact AT&T and suggested that maybe I was having a problem with my phone line. I wasn't happy.
About a half hour later I got a voicemail message on both my home phone and my cellphone from the same technical support person that she had escalated the problem and the the number had indeed been ported. I also got several emails from OOMA later in the day to make sure that I knew that the number had been ported.
All in all, while there was obviously a glitch in the process, I was truly surprised (pleasantly) that the support person took the initiative to follow up and then call me back. The communications received from other support people on the problem were also unexpected, but helpful. Overall, I got the impression that this is a company that seems to care about its customers, something that is regrettably unusual these days.
So my port only took about 11 days total, and although there was a bit of a communication problem, the end result was quite successful.