Android platform app

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
doug

Re: Android platform app

Post by doug » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:03 pm

The next release of android os (2.3 aka gingerbread) is supposed to have a SIP client built into the OS and integrated with all the contacts etc. You still must use the SIP provider of your choice. I don't know that it will play well with ooma, but in theory I suspect it should.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 pm

That would be cool.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5

sfhub

Post by sfhub » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 am

Ooma isn't straight SIP. They have some customizations to various sections so it is unlikely to work with Ooma unless Ooma is participating in the process. IMO you are more likely to see a custom Ooma Android app than get a generic SIP client working with Ooma.

oomg

Post by oomg » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:39 am

For those of you who have had that Ooma Mobile Android app on your Christmas wish list, Santa has arrived... well sort of.

As of today, Toktumi is now offering their Line2 service for Android based cell phones.
http://www.line2.com/index.html

I had originally acquired a Toktumi account so that customers could call me (on a toll free #) without incurring any toll charges. Toktumi also offers regular numbers (non toll free) in many, if not most, area codes. The service works very well and is an excellent compliment to my Ooma service. Well, it turns out that my Toktumi account at $14.95 also provides me with their Line2 service for no additional charge. Alternatively, Toktumi offers a pared down version of Line2 for $9.95 per month. Prior to today, Line 2 was available only on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. As of today, their Android app is available.

If anyone is interested in trying Toktumi or Line2, I think I might be entitled to a free month of their service if my "agent" identification number (170706) is plugged into the system (not sure where). Also, Toktumi offers a free month as a trial. See, http://toktumi.com/

Since I currently have an iPhone, I can use both Ooma Moblie and Line2 (which as stated above, is included with my regular Toktumi service). Thus, in effect, I can have 3 lines (or at least 3 different numbers) on my iPhone.

[OOPS! i might be a bit premature. While Toktumi's web site changed today to reflect availability of Line2 on Android based cell phones, it will not allow the signup to proceed. Probably just putting the finishing touch on their web site.]
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

bonflizubi

Post by bonflizubi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:47 pm

sjfaje wrote:I would be ecstatic to have an Android app that operates as a visual voicemail box for voice mails. Like you get with the Google Voice app.
Add me to this list +1
ooma noob

NB2A

Post by NB2A » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:17 am

Are we ever going to see the Android app as stated for early this year? :?:

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:38 am

NB2A wrote:Are we ever going to see the Android app as stated for early this year? :?:
It's out: viewtopic.php?t=10353#p72267
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!