Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#63441 by DanCallies
Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:03 am
I've noticed several people have their technical specifications below their posts (or in their signature) and many list multiple SCOUTs. How is this achieved? I've got a HUB and one SCOUT now, if I hooked up another scout could I connect a third line? And how would the lines show up on the units? Or do these people have more than one HUB? Info? Anyone?
#63443 by murphy
Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:14 am
Using a standard single line splitter the wall port of the hub is connected to the wall ports of both scouts.
There is a maximum of two simultaneous phone calls since there are only two physical phone lines.
You can have more than two numbers but up to two can be in use at the same time.
#63447 by lbmofo
Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:34 pm
I distribute ooma dialtone as well as the wall port signal (combined via a duplex splitter before feeding into wall jack) throughout the house so I got a total of 4 (this is max) Scout's in various locations of the house as voicemail stations.
#63484 by DanCallies
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:48 am
So they are used for voicemail access / indication and as another jack to plug a phone into, but you do not get any extra lines? I was thinking they'd give me more line options. Thanks for the information!!
#63496 by lbmofo
Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 am
The phone ports on the Scout, you can use to plug in a phone to use the instant 2nd line feature if you have Premier. With Premier, you can also assign your 2nd number to the Scout so only the phone connected to that Scout rings.