Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#63231 by leatherneck
Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 pm
Since I upgraded to Dlink DIR-655, my voice quality has been excellent. However, perhaps because I connect my Ooma hub behind wireless router, the fax machine (Brother MFC8220) is not functioning as expected. Every time I attempted to send a fax, I would have an error message about poor line quality. Is anyone out there has fax machine working, if connected Ooma hub behind router, with Dlink router? If yes, what kind of configuration do you have?

Thanks,

R
#63266 by DTMF
Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 pm
Are you using the **99 prefix on fax calls to force your Ooma device to use the best codec for faxing? If not, the line may produce that symptom on fax calls.
#63829 by leatherneck
Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:49 pm
Yes, I use *99 most of the time to send fax. Even one page would fail. I think connecting ooma hub behind the router probably has something to do with it. I don't want to connect ooma hub directly to my modem, as it may cause my network going down, i.e., I had to reset the modem and router a lot.

R
#63931 by leatherneck
Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 pm
BTW, does anyone know of a good efax web site that is free? I think that will be the work around for poor VOIP fax.

Thanks,

Richard
#64049 by oomg
Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:50 am
leatherneck wrote:BTW, does anyone know of a good efax web site that is free? I think that will be the work around for poor VOIP fax.

Thanks,

Richard

Well... not free, but fairly close. I am currently using the OneSuite efax system. Only $1.00 per month for unlimited incoming to one email address. They even provide a dedicated fax number If you think you need more, go for their $2.95 per month deal. Unlimited incoming faxes to as many as 5 email addresses, plus outgoing at 2.5 cents per page. Upon delivery of the fax, a copy with delivery confirmation is returned to your designated emal. You will need a scanner as outgoing copies use a pdf file to attach to the cover page. Very easy to use, and inexpensive as well." See: http://www.onesuite.com/products_OneSuiteFax.asp