Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#62952 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:56 pm
ooma website wrote:The monthly price does not include a mandated 18% Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee.

This is talking about minutes beyond plan minutes right? And the Basic Bulk Rate plan right?

lbmofo wrote:
rbtripathi wrote:I'm Ooma premier lifetime member. Talked to Ooma support and was told that after I use all 1000 minutes, the regular rates apply, which are too high. I was hoping for bulk rate for premier members after you use all of your monthly minutes.

So for the 1000 min Premier plan, bulk rates only apply for the 1000 min?
The Basic Bulk Rate plan doesn't have minutes spelled out, does that mean all minutes are at bulk rate?

Can someone confirm this?

noltian wrote:Oh..they also said internation bundle starts every 1st day of the month no matter when you pays. So if you purchased on 30th of the month, you pay $.9.99 for the day or two.

Can someone confirm this? Or is there a pro-rate going on? When will the charge go on CC every month?
#63245 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Got some answers from ooma via PM.


ooma website wrote:The monthly price does not include a mandated 18% Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee.

This is talking about minutes beyond plan minutes right? And the Basic Bulk Rate plan right?

18% FUSF fee will be added to the monthly international bundle charge (except for the Basic Bulk Rates plan). For example, if you sign up to the Premier 500 min plan @$4.99/mo, the 18% FUSF fee would be $0.90/mo resulting in total charge of $5.89/mo for the bundle. As for calls not covered by the plan (and bulk rate calls on the Basic Bulk Rates plan) Edited: and bulk rate calls, they would include the 18% FUSF fee on an individual call basis.

lbmofo wrote:
rbtripathi wrote:I'm Ooma premier lifetime member. Talked to Ooma support and was told that after I use all 1000 minutes, the regular rates apply, which are too high. I was hoping for bulk rate for premier members after you use all of your monthly minutes.

So for the 1000 min Premier plan, bulk rates only apply for the 1000 min?
Yes Edited: No, bulk rates apply for minutes beyond 1000 as well. ie. 1000 minutes included to 70 countries; all other international calls at bulk rate.

The Basic Bulk Rate plan doesn't have minutes spelled out, does that mean all minutes are at bulk rate?
Yes.

Can someone confirm this? Yes for both questions. Edited: See above.

noltian wrote:Oh..they also said internation bundle starts every 1st day of the month no matter when you pays. So if you purchased on 30th of the month, you pay $.9.99 for the day or two.

Can someone confirm this? Or is there a pro-rate going on? When will the charge go on CC every month?

If you sign up to a bundle, you have your own individual billing cycle. For example: if you purchased the $4.99 bundle on 8/25, your next bill cycle would occur on 9/25 and that's when you'll get charged again. To cancel, you'd need to contact customer support before the next bill cycle. There would be no prorated refund.
Last edited by lbmofo on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#63250 by Bobby B
Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:20 pm
Correction to the bulk rates info:

If you have the bulk rate plan (basic/core) all calls to countries will be at the bulk rate. If you have the bulk rate + 1000 minutes plan (premier), all calls to countries will also be at the bulk rate, even if you talk for more than 1000 minutes. The 1000 minutes only applies to 1000 minutes of free calls to the 70 countries.
#63575 by Bobby B
Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:11 pm
Yep, the edits look good.

We probably should stick this info in a KB article since there's a lot of good info here - let me ask our tech writer to draft something.
#64232 by Bobby B
Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 pm
The Basic 1000 minutes to 70 countries international plan does not include US destinations, so calls to US numbers will still be billed at the regular rates from your Ooma Mobile iPhone app (1.9 cents/min).

We do plan on introducing an Ooma Mobile plan within the next couple months that will include some number of free minutes per month for US numbers using the Ooma Mobile iPhone App.
#65071 by lbmofo
Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:47 pm
For a new Core user, I suppose because they have Premier trial, they only have the option to buy the 500 or 1000 min plan meant for Premier users.

Let's say they buy the 1000 min plan meant for Premier, what happens when their Premier trial expires? Will the plan automatically revert to Basic 1000?
#65437 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:26 am
lbmofo wrote:For a new Core user, I suppose because they have Premier trial, they only have the option to buy the 500 or 1000 min plan meant for Premier users.

Let's say they buy the 1000 min plan meant for Premier, what happens when their Premier trial expires? Will the plan automatically revert to Basic 1000?

One of the mods, please discover and post findings.

BTW, US calls when bulk rate kicks in (Ooma Mobile app) is at 0.9¢/min.
#65466 by Bobby B
Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:33 pm
Yes, Premier Trial users can purchase the 500 min or 1000 min plans. On a downgrade to Basic or Core, the 500 min is removed or the Premier 1000 min plan reverts to Basic 1000.

lbmofo wrote:For a new Core user, I suppose because they have Premier trial, they only have the option to buy the 500 or 1000 min plan meant for Premier users.

Let's say they buy the 1000 min plan meant for Premier, what happens when their Premier trial expires? Will the plan automatically revert to Basic 1000?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests