Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#62937 by edorfox
Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:10 pm
Hi,

Help me understand why a blacklisted "restricted" caller still gets through. The phone rings but nobody is there. When I check the call log, it shows the caller blacklisted...how can I stop the ring altogether?

Ed
#62946 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:19 pm
Do you still have Premier?
Do you run ooma in non landline-integration mode?
Do you have a 2nd number assigned to a private device? Blacklist is only for the main number if numbers are shared.
#66676 by ntwoof
Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:56 pm
I'm running into the same problem. I'm a premier member and there is someone on the line when the phone rings. No second number, but I do have a Scout. Call log shows the number is blacklisted. It just started happening last week.

Any help would be appreciated!
#70298 by tjnamtiw
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 pm
Black listed numbers are one thing but when an incoming call is labeled 'restricted', no telephone number is listed so it cannot be blacklisted! Telemarketers and pollsters use this ploy to get past 'blacklisting'. How do we stop 'restricted' calls???
#70300 by tjnamtiw
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:57 pm
lbmofo wrote:Anonymous Call Block may work for you.

I just did the 'anonymous call block' but it's really just a 'patch' because several of my friends have chosen to not display their phone numbers and will come across as anonymous and be given the 'blocked number' message. In fact, blocking your number on outgoing calls is an ooma feature, as well! There has to be a method developed to block 'restricted' numbers.
#70312 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:50 pm
If you call your Ooma with *67 before the number, the call will come across as "Restricted."

There is no way for Ooma or anyone to know if the "Restricted" call is coming from your friends or the one you want to block.
#70318 by tjnamtiw
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:17 pm
lbmofo wrote:If you call your Ooma with *67 before the number, the call will come across as "Restricted."

There is no way for Ooma or anyone to know if the "Restricted" call is coming from your friends or the one you want to block.

Why would I want to talk to anyone who doesn't want me to see their number????? If it's a friend and he takes the time to punch in *67 to hide his identity, he's no friend of mine! Pretty lame logic......................
#70320 by lbmofo
Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:26 pm
tjnamtiw wrote:
lbmofo wrote:If you call your Ooma with *67 before the number, the call will come across as "Restricted."

Why would I want to talk to anyone who doesn't want me to see their number????? If it's a friend and he takes the time to punch in *67 to hide his identity, he's no friend of mine! Pretty lame logic......................

*67 does the same thing as "chosen to not display their phone numbers."

tjnamtiw wrote:.......several of my friends have chosen to not display their phone numbers and will come across as anonymous and be given the 'blocked number' message.