Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#62702 by Kristen
Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:29 am
Hi,
I have had my ooma hub and scout for over a year now, and it has worked well. I have been happy with the service.... that is until about a month ago when I needed to use customer service for the first time. I requested that my caller id be changed (due to a name change). Well, it's not only still not done, almost a month later, but no one in customer service is able to either (1) tell me when it will be done, or (2) explain to me logically why it's not done.

I have been trading emails with the ooma customer support group fairly regularly on the topic, and while they are responsive, the issue remains unresolved. Every time they provide a date it will be done, it never gets completed. I finally gave up on the emails, and called the customer service line. The woman I am speaking to (on hold now for... 15 minutes now as she is trying to find someone who can give me a date) not only barely speaks English, but also has a hard time speaking to me at all. They claim they need to know actual phone numbers that I'm calling that the caller id is not working for... how ridiculous is that? I also have an AT&T and Verizon phone, and in contrast, not only was I able to update my caller id with both of them simultaneously, but it was done free of charge. They never needed to ask me for a phone number that I was calling. Sheesh...

Sigh... I am frustrated that I have to pay to have a change made, and then on top of that not have it done in a reasonable about of time, and anytime I inquire everyone is clueless. Sigh....

So... a supervisor came onto the phone and not even she was able to give me an expected date for completion, nor would she commit to waiving the fee due to the extreme time it is taking them. One has to ask... what exactly does she supervise then?

I still remain hopeful this will be resolved soon. I am happy with my ooma, but if this is what customer service is like, then I may be reconsidering renewals. Has anyone else had any similar challenges? Did you get a satisfactory resolution?
#63402 by scoutconnor
Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:56 pm
Kristen wrote:Status Update -- Today is Friday, August 27 -- still no caller id change.... no contact of any kind from Ooma.

Try contacting Ooma again. I had mine changed in just one phone call to Ooma. If they cannot help via phone, try and find Bobby B. Or Dennis P. Here in the forums. Send one of them a private message through the forums and I'm sure they'll try to help.
#63539 by Kristen
Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:31 am
scoutconnor wrote:
Kristen wrote:Status Update -- Today is Friday, August 27 -- still no caller id change.... no contact of any kind from Ooma.

Try contacting Ooma again. I had mine changed in just one phone call to Ooma. If they cannot help via phone, try and find Bobby B. Or Dennis P. Here in the forums. Send one of them a private message through the forums and I'm sure they'll try to help.

Thanks so much Scoutconnor. I will do that. Wish me luck!