Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#62689 by MikeekiM
Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:46 am
I keep my landline at the very basic and end up paying about $16 for the pleasure...

I have DSL, which would cost me an extra $10 to go with a dryloop...so I am effectively paying $6 for the security of a landline, and a back up if power or internet should ever go down...
#62698 by noltian
Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:14 am
MikeekiM wrote:I keep my landline at the very basic and end up paying about $16 for the pleasure...

I have DSL, which would cost me an extra $10 to go with a dryloop...so I am effectively paying $6 for the security of a landline, and a back up if power or internet should ever go down...

I thought about the option as well when I switched to VoIP...but...it adds up...it'd be $60-70 additional cost for something you never or hardly use. My thought was I can use the money for nice dinner or christmas present with $60-70..for emergency, I have cell phones.....After using Voip 4 years now, I don't regret

just my thought.
#62706 by wpwood3
Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:51 am
I had DSL for many years but switched to cable modem just before getting Ooma. I get faster up & down speeds and the cost is lower.

My cable modem, router and the Ooma Telo are all connected to a UPS system so power outages are not a problem. If my internet goes out then my backup is my cellphone. Ooma automatically forwards calls to my cellphone if my Ooma Telo or the Ooma system itself is down.

I'm saving $77.70/month over the next 12 months then it will drop to $64.74/month once the initial cable promotion drops off. If I stay with Ooma Premier, I will still save $54.75/month at a minimum. (assuming my taxes & fees are $3.47/month)

My Telo + Telo handset was $250 so the payback on my investment is less than 4 months. Plus I have 2 lines and other features I didn't have with AT&T.

It's a good deal! :D