Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#62173 by Camilla
Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:49 pm
... "Ooma down" or "Verizon [ATT, etc] down" or something that states/troubleshoots connection status. please, pretty please.

Case in point: I'm at work in California. I try to connect to my kids at the house to see if their 80 yr old grandpa is doing ok (cause he just came into town to stay with us) and I can't freakin get through! Right away, I want to know why, by logging on and looking at my dashboard-- BAM WHAM right there... a nice blinking red sign or something that tells me what I may have to do to fix it. What could it be? Did lighting hit the house and cause my internet to go down? Did I pay my bill? What bills didn't I pay? Did the phone # port just go through? (uh-- FYI, no the port didn't go thru and I gave up on that. but i have a new # for all you stalkers haha just kidding. but I want my $40 bucks back Ooma!)

So, let's investigate. I don't like guessing especially when I'm at work or traveling, it's frustrating. It becomes utterly impossible to handle my feelings when I have to call Verizon to check if the internet is down. And after calling Verizon and spending 20-40 minutes to find out it's not Verizon's fault, its chaos in my head when I have to yell at the kids for disconnecting the cables to the Ooma telo just so that they can hook up their Wii for some sort of gameful experiment with their cousins in New York!

If I were a computer software engineer, or something glamorous like that, I wouldn't be complaining prolly. I dunno. I've had Ooma for 47 days and counting.

Just saying.
#62174 by southsound
Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 pm
I like it. It may need some polishing up, but I like it.

And while I'm at it, I don't think that anyone has given you the official Welcome to ooma and to the forums! You're going to like it here! :cool:
#62466 by dhinkel
Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:02 pm
Agree. Incoming calls down all day now and I have to log into the forum for status update. The status update indicates I can subscribe to a twitter feed for status updates. That feed has not been updated form months? Basic business communication to customers....can make or break a company.