Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#62148 by DaddyJoe
Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:33 am
This seems pretty basic, but I was surprised that my Ooma handset is very limited in terms of options for setup. One thing I find annoying is keypad tones and the handset doesn't have a way of turning this off.
#62152 by southsound
Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm
First off, welcome to ooma and to the forum.

Second, I'm just a fellow user who frequents the forum quite a bit to try to help out... but this request seems rather strange. Since most people need to hold the handset away their head so they can see the buttons and dial the correct numbers, how are you hearing the key tones? If you are using the handset's speakerphone, why not press the green button, dial your number, then press the little speakerphone key. Am I missing something?
#62958 by pinan
Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:20 pm
I believe what DaddyJoe is referring to are audible sounds the keypad itself makes, and not the DTMF tone that you mean. I find this tone (beep) annoying as well. I turn them off as soon as I use a new phone, and is now an option I look for before purchasing one. Cell phones have this option as well.
#64064 by calkid4ever
Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:25 am
I agree with this feature request.

DaddyJoe wrote:This seems pretty basic, but I was surprised that my Ooma handset is very limited in terms of options for setup. One thing I find annoying is keypad tones and the handset doesn't have a way of turning this off.