Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61716 by ****
Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:08 pm
One of the simplest new Features, ez coding costs, that Ooma could add to our online 'My Ooma' interface would be a dual purpose 'alarms' / 'personal reminders' notification & 'Do Not Disturb' / 'Send To Voicemail' user interface.
I need you folks to ask for it.
The feature would allow you to log in and add a date & specific time which you wish to be called or SMT'd with a short message you already typed reminding you of an event. In addition to this feature you would ALSO be able to pre-program in the specific time/s that you wish incoming calls at home to be Sent To Voicemail (Do Not Disturb) and the specific time when you wish incoming calls to ring again at home - i.e. calls go to voicemail after 10:30pm, and at 7:00am they will ring again at home etc.

I spoke with an Ooma tech today who said he would pass this along but I think that if you show them that you're interested too it would help.
#61723 by southsound
Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:11 pm
And maybe a reminder for when I'm running low on coffee or eggs. Being one of the "more mature" folks on the forum, I often find myself going to the store and returning with lots of stuff - but not the stuff I originally wanted from the store. If I could have ooma call my cell phone to remind me that would be great.

The scheduled DND is a great idea and one of the reasons I use Google Voice as a front end for my ooma Telo and cell phone. I can assign special DND times when I don't want certain phones to ring.
#61747 by DTMF
Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:33 am
When I saw the thread title, I was thinking this was a request that the web site send a notification (email and/or SMS) when the DND feature is activated or deactivated. Many is the time we've seen people post on these forums that they (or a child or pet in the household) have mistakenly activated the DND feature on the front panel of their Ooma device. Seems to me like that enhancement would be even simpler to implement and it would prevent the mis-press/child/pet from causing the user to miss calls or falsely accuse the service of not delivering calls correctly. :)
#61751 by ****
Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:58 am
Good points.

Thinking about how to best apply this requested interface with the least effort ...
It would, of course, be great if it could be done from our 'My Ooma' account page but perhaps a stand alone app or plugin on your PC that networks with the Telo and/or works with existing calendar programs that use 'alarms' to call/email your Ooma account (?) It just seems like everything is already there and that Ooma could put something together, without much effort, in a few days if they applied themselves.

( I'm trying to stay away from Google. It's bad enough that the NSA records every communication en mass that we make without Google further blurring the lines. One Stasi to deal with is enough for me. However ... being able to give different skanks different phone #ers may be worth it all. )