Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#322 by corbinzak
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:04 pm
This feature should be automated that if you select to keep the same number (port) that ooma should assign you a temporary number so that the ooma device can work. Instead I needed to call tech support which did assign me a new number. This process should automatically ask you for an available number in the area code of the users choice.
#323 by Bobby B
Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:26 pm
This is an excellent suggestion. We've received feedback from other customers about the somewhat clunky process of porting a number during activation. We're currently planning on changing the activation process so that if you want to port a number, you'll be able to choose a temporary number in your calling area. After activation, you'll be able to proceed directly to the ooma Lounge to complete most of the porting process online without having to call in.

Hopefully we'll be able to roll this out in the next month or so.

Thanks for the feedback!

Bobby
#59549 by cluelessindc
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:46 am
Even if I choose not to port a number during the activation process, it is still possible to port a number later, correct? Same process, and same $39.99 charge... can someone clarify that I can do a number port to an ooma account that was already activated some time ago. Thanks.
#59554 by bw1
Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:41 am
cluelessindc wrote:Even if I choose not to port a number during the activation process, it is still possible to port a number later, correct? Same process, and same $39.99 charge... can someone clarify that I can do a number port to an ooma account that was already activated some time ago. Thanks.

Yes, you should be able to select Number Port under Add-Ons in my.ooma at anytime. https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/port