Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61340 by essential
Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:54 pm
Question One:
I have an Ooma Core, and I was a member before the TOS were updated requiring the $11.75 a year fee’s. If I buy another Core, is it still 100% free, are the new TOS with the fee only for Telo’s, or is it for new customers regardless of unit purchased?

Question Two:
I’m recommending Ooma to a friend of the family who’s daughter is going to study abroad in London soon. If they buy an Ooma, register it here with a US telephone number, and she brings it to London, correct me if I’m wrong but won’t all the calls to and from the US would be free with the Ooma even though she’s in London since it’s a US number and it’s using the Internet? It would be as if she’s a block away, not in another Country?

Thanks.
#61341 by ajw522
Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 pm
essential wrote:Question One:
I have an Ooma Core, and I was a member before the TOS were updated requiring the $11.75 a year fee’s. If I buy another Core, is it still 100% free, are the new TOS with the fee only for Telo’s, or is it for new customers regardless of unit purchased? Yes, you are correct. Make sure you purchase a BRAND NEW CORE unit, either from Amazon or from Fry's. Don't get a refurbished or used.

Question Two:
I’m recommending Ooma to a friend of the family who’s daughter is going to study abroad in London soon. If they buy an Ooma, register it here with a US telephone number, and she brings it to London, correct me if I’m wrong but won’t all the calls to and from the US would be free with the Ooma even though she’s in London since it’s a US number and it’s using the Internet? It would be as if she’s a block away, not in another Country? Yes, you can take the Ooma anywhere that there is a high-speed internet connection, and you can call anywhere in the US for free. Likewise, people in the US can call her Ooma number as if they were calling any normal number in the US.

Thanks.
#61342 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:05 pm
essential wrote:Question One:
I have an Ooma Core, and I was a member before the TOS were updated requiring the $11.75 a year fee’s. If I buy another Core, is it still 100% free, are the new TOS with the fee only for Telo’s, or is it for new customers regardless of unit purchased?

All depends on the device you purchase. ooma Core has no tax. Hub and Telo, depends on what's printed on the box. Either $11.75 per year or monthly ~$3.47/month. With refurb units, hit and miss. Never know what you are going to get.
#61363 by lbmofo
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:07 pm
FreePhone wrote:
essential wrote:I was a member before the TOS were updated requiring the $11.75 a year fee’s.

Just so you know the fee is higher than $11.75 a year in some areas. For my area it's $41.64 a year.

It is entirely device dependent.