Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61157 by RClay
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:30 am
All,

I am a business owner and we are all looking for ways to reduce costs and stay alive. If the Ooma Telo had a second outgoing phone port and Fax support for incoming and outgoing, it would be an easy choice for business and home use. I know I could personally convert 20+ processional associates and who knows how many friends and family. Please affirm this with me or send this to the Ooma leadership so they can make their product bullet proof.

RClay
#61200 by southsound
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:14 pm
You might also want to consider that posting the same request in three different areas of the forum is not fruitful. Most of the frequent posters use either the View New Posts or View Active Topics to view and answer posts. Yours all come up together. It makes us not want to post an answer because we have no idea who posted what to the other threads. Not a good idea. Pick one, post your question or suggestion, and wait. Additional posts to various threads have no value.
#61212 by av8r
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:53 pm
southsound wrote: Yours all come up together. It makes us not want to post an answer because

And you might not want to speak for everyone on this forum. Personally, I'm more than willing to cut a new poster some slack...explain (nicely) how they can be more efficient and attempt to assist rather than jump down their throat.
#61216 by southsound
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:09 pm
av8r wrote: And you might not want to speak for everyone on this forum. Personally, I'm more than willing to cut a new poster some slack...explain (nicely) how they can be more efficient and attempt to assist rather than jump down their throat.

My friend, you haven't seen me jump down someone's throat. But if a person wants information to help solve a problem, why should I spend time trying to help unaware that the poster is already getting help from several other of the frequent posters on different threads? And if I do answer, how do I know the poster will reply if the other thread gets answered first? I've helped a lot of people in the past 16 months on this forum and will continue to do so. I just hate wasting my time. Let's see - 2300 posts at 30 to 5 minutes seconds each... that's a lot of time I've been spending trying to be of service.

And just for grins, let me show you jumping down someone's throat:

Image :P
#61257 by southsound
Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 pm
lbmofo wrote:LOL, you might want this as your avatar on your off days? (:

I already do have it locked and loaded - it's just that I never have off days. Thanks for the kind suggestion, Li. :P
#61304 by DTMF
Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:49 am
The best solution for fax is to move it online and away from the phone. (Better yet, use email attachments!) Fax is just a kludgy basket of hurt that will never work well with digital telephone systems and services. Nothing Ooma or any VoIP provider brings to the party will change that.

To make it work adequately requires hoop-jumping, in the form of plenty of bandwidth and high-bandwidth codecs. The latter is what the *99 prefix selects on the Ooma service. You wouldn't want to use that codec all the time, because it can leave a lot to be desired for voice connections in the long run.

Hopefully, by the end of this decade, faxing will be as much a thing of the past as analog television will be. ;)
#61355 by JasonV
Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:17 pm
I am a business owner and use the Telo. My fax is online ( I ported my fax # to a service that charges me almost nothing per month), were I receive my faxes. I send my faxes with my Brother MFC 9840CDW (the few I send a year / most are now email) which works great. I use the Telo with a very good Dect 6.0 phone and have the Telo handset for other incoming calls. I disabled the Call Waiting (a no-no for a business) and when I am on my primary phone (plugged to the port) and someone calls my number it will ring on the other phone (Telo handset) which my secretary answers. It works great with the Premier service because I can block all the unwanted telemarketers and love the call log recording. I further use the voice mail system to send me emails that automatically go into a folder within Outlook and can link the recordings to a client within Outlook Business Contact Manager. Another fantastic feature is that if I decide to spend some time in another country (i.e Canada) for some time, I take the little Telo with me and plug it in. Guess what? My clients have no clue that I am not in my office (highrise), rather looking at beautiful mountains and drinking my expresso. Works great!