Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61115 by erics
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 pm
A simple hardware reset button (or pin-hole of sorts) would be preferable to the "stand on your head while pushing various buttons at a particular moment" routine now required. It might also lead to fewer calls to/requirements for ooma support, as each customer would have an easily accessible "escape hatch" from setup/configuration errors.

What say you, ooma reps and community? Even the all-mighty and controlling Apple provides such a feature in their routers and handhelds. Don't you agree that this might be worth everyone's while?

Eric

PS - Overall, I write this as a very satisfied customer.
#61120 by bw1
Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:01 pm
Since there are no physical buttons or dials on the new Telo as compared to the Hub, I'm sure they were looking to avoid anything like that and implemented in software instead. The factory reset procedure for the Telo is a pretty convoluted process, but to just reboot requires only that you pull the plug for 30 - 60 seconds.
#61121 by erics
Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:13 pm
Since there are no physical buttons or dials on the new Telo as compared to the Hub, I'm sure they were looking to avoid anything like that and implemented in software instead. The factory reset procedure for the Telo is a pretty convoluted process, but to just reboot requires only that you pull the plug for 30 - 60 seconds.

But a reboot does not accomplish what a hardware reset does; i.e., retore to factory condition. Sometimes, this can be the most simple way out of an intractable problem.