Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61113 by chipsm
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:12 pm
I have an Ooma telo with telo handsets and another phone that is connected to the back of my main telo unit.
My wife is not happy with the telo handset.
I would like to be able to answer a call with my telo handset and then transfer the call back to my 2nd phone that is connected to my telo unit. My understanding is that this telo device is a very intelligent, almost computer and this feature should be possible.
My second option would be to be able to connect a 2 - line phone to the back of the main telo unit. then I would not use the telo handsets.
This is not a knock against the Ooma device, but the handsets are not really user friendly devices... the regular phone devices have been around for a long time and the telo handsets have some ground to make up in the feature area.
#61114 by southsound
Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:21 pm
A two-line phone plugged into the back of the Telo is not a good solution because it will only have access to one line. The PHONE jack on the Telo is a single like jack. The only way to access the instant second line or to have two simultaneous calls with the Telo is to involve one or more Telo handsets. If you have only basic service and do not subscribe to Premier, then you can do quite well with a multiple handset cordless system. I love my 5-handset Uniden 1580-5 but I also have two of the Telo handsets as I like the extra features and have Premier so I can have two numbers and two simultaneous calls.
#61133 by bw1
Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:15 pm
chipsm wrote:I would like to be able to answer a call with my telo handset and then transfer the call back to my 2nd phone that is connected to my telo unit. My understanding is that this telo device is a very intelligent, almost computer and this feature should be possible.

You can do that, just pick up the regular handset and press the flash button to connect to the active line. If there's no flash button on the regular handset, then press the line number button on the Telo itself.