Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61254 by nn5i
Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:15 pm
Highq, it's sometimes a pleasure to be wrong. This is one of those times; glad it works.
#61467 by Robwatson1000
Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 am
Why does it cost more to buy premier service for a year than it does to pay monthly?

Normally when you buy a service, the longer you buy it for, the bigger the discount?
#61476 by southsound
Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:50 am
Robwatson1000 wrote:Why does it cost more to buy premier service for a year than it does to pay monthly?

Normally when you buy a service, the longer you buy it for, the bigger the discount?

Actually, when you buy the annual subscription you get a pretty nice perk that most people find valuable:

"Sign-up for a year of Ooma Premier and we'll transfer your number (a $39.99 value) or get an Ooma Telo Handset (a $49.99 value) for free!"
#61503 by Robwatson1000
Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:19 am
The free perk is only a one off.

The phones not really that nice, i did intend on signing up for a year for the second line and the free handset. I wanted two hansets, so I bought one at the same time as the Hub, however, its not that nice, my original phones are much more asthetically pleasing, so now i'm stuck, i need a second line that much.

A one off $40 dicount, a lifetime membership deal or a price of $100 per year, with no free gift seem to be a deal thats much more attractive. At least to me.

I would be quite happy to pay $100 per year ans i am sure there are a lot more people out there who are put off by that extra $20.