Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61940 by cpetemn
Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:17 am
I am also enjoying my Telo and from what I read, it appears that if I take it along to the Caribbean for a bit of winter escape, hook it up to a dsl modem, it will be like having my home phone with me... Is that correct?
#61945 by murphy
Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 am
cpetemn wrote:I am also enjoying my Telo and from what I read, it appears that if I take it along to the Caribbean for a bit of winter escape, hook it up to a dsl modem, it will be like having my home phone with me... Is that correct?

That is correct. Just don't dial 911 while you are there.
#61970 by southsound
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:50 pm
cpetemn wrote:I am also enjoying my Telo and from what I read, it appears that if I take it along to the Caribbean for a bit of winter escape, hook it up to a dsl modem, it will be like having my home phone with me... Is that correct?

As murphy said, but it would probably be good to have one of us along just in case you had difficulty. I understand on good authority that raccoons are friendly, don't take up too much luggage space, and are fairly knowledgeable regarding telco and ooma issues and can be very helpful in starting convesations at parties. Now if you could only find a raccoon who was willing to leave the bitter winter weather of the Northwest to make the trip...

I know! Pick me, pick me, pick me! :P
#61971 by lbmofo
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 pm
southsound wrote:Pick me, pick me, pick me! :P

Be careful....you might be signing up to a package deal; raccoon's bride will want to come along.

#62846 by johnny_k
Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:59 am
I bought and installed my new Telo yesterday. The packaging and instructions were slick and simple. The installation was painless. I, however, made a typical rookie error and selected the option for integrated landline. My intention was to be conservative and checkout the service before jumping in with both feet. As any regulars already know, selecting the integrated landline is mostly a mistake. It blocks most of the special features of the Premium plan and is generally a bad idea.

I got up this morning, and contacted Ooma customer service with zero wait time. The customer service rep quickly and efficiently helped me link the account to a new Ooma number. I then forwarded the landline to the Ooma number and all is good.

If the service works out as well as this experience I will be a happy camper and saving plenty of bucks when I soon wave goodbye to the phone company for my second line, my business line. So far Ooma has met and exceeded my expectations.

john k

Atlanta
#62879 by southsound
Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm
We're glad you're here, johnny_k! Welcome to ooma and to the forum. And you will be happy testing your ooma system without the landline. If you are like most of us, the service and call quality will beat expectations. If something doesn't see quite right, feel free to post with details and one or many of us will try to help. :cool: