Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#60548 by rowdyonegh
Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Hi all,

I just wanted to drop a quick note and say that I purchased my Ooma device back in Feb, and just hooked it up this month ( i was waiting for my Time Warner contract to expire) I've been very pleased with the service so far. I even signed up to the premier service and got the free handset.

I also purchased the Iphone app - which is cool, because I had my AT&T phone service shut off (got a blackberry through my company) and I use my Iphone as an IPOD - which now I can still make calls on through wireless with Ooma Mobile. Can't wait to see how they provide incoming calls to the mobile device later this year.

I've recommended this product to several people and I know one of them purchased it as well. I hope to continue to see innovative upgrades from this company.

Glenn
#60551 by gunfyter
Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm
I frequently travel outside the country....

I bought the App when it was mistakenly released a few months ago. I have just now activated it.

If I understand correctly... When i am overnight in a hotel or at the airport or anywhere I can get WiFi.... I can call home using my 250 minutes as a Premier subscriber. It won't cost me a dime.

This is awesome for people like me. Thousands of airline pilots and flight attendants with iPhones might be interested in this. Will save more than the $10/mo in Premier fees. Especially if i can receive calls as well.
#60552 by southsound
Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:31 pm
rowdyonegh wrote:I've recommended this product to several people and I know one of them purchased it as well. I hope to continue to see innovative upgrades from this company.

Glenn

Thanks for sharing your experiences with ooma so far. And let me be the first to welcome you to ooma and to the forums. Even though things are working well, don't be a stranger. You're going to like it here. :cool:
#60924 by bw1
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:18 pm
gunfyter wrote:If I understand correctly... When i am overnight in a hotel or at the airport or anywhere I can get WiFi.... I can call home using my 250 minutes as a Premier subscriber. It won't cost me a dime.

Not only that, but if you call home to your Ooma number then it won't even use any of the 250 minutes.
#60928 by lbmofo
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm
bw1 wrote:
gunfyter wrote:If I understand correctly... When i am overnight in a hotel or at the airport or anywhere I can get WiFi.... I can call home using my 250 minutes as a Premier subscriber. It won't cost me a dime.

Not only that, but if you call home to your Ooma number then it won't even use any of the 250 minutes.

Calling any ooma number would be free; that's a lot of my friends. If you are overseas, even if you run out of the 250 minutes, other numbers within the US is only about 2 cents a minute. That's a whole lot better than dollars per minute :)
#61041 by nn5i
Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:00 am
If you take your Telo (or Hub) with you, and carry a small router configured as a Client Bridge -- I carry a Linksys WTR54GS Travel Router running DD-WRT firmware -- then anywhere there's wi-fi (or wired Ethernet), you have your home phone with you, and all of its features. Anywhere in the world. Isn't that cheaper [free] and better? To me that makes Telo the best thing since sliced bread, even if it didn't have its many other advantages.
#61049 by bw1
Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:30 am
That's definitely an option, but isn't it like bringing back the suitcase phone? :)
#61056 by nn5i
Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:57 am
bw1 wrote:That's definitely an option, but isn't it like bringing back the suitcase phone? :)

Yup -- except that it's lots smaller and lots lighter. The whole schmear is way smaller than my laptop, and fits in a compartment of my laptop case with room to spare.
#61109 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm
nn5i wrote:
bw1 wrote:That's definitely an option, but isn't it like bringing back the suitcase phone? :)

Yup -- except that it's lots smaller and lots lighter. The whole schmear is way smaller than my laptop, and fits in a compartment of my laptop case with room to spare.

You guys should check out SouthSound's gear!

#61132 by bw1
Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:12 pm
This is what you really want:
Attachments
get_smart_shoe_phone.jpg
get_smart_shoe_phone.jpg (8.14 KiB) Viewed 2471 times