Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#60195 by sokha
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 pm
hi folks,

a long time Premiere Ooma user here....almost 2 yrs now.

question regarding Ooma system if someone else here has experience this problem.

PROBLEM:
Ooma only rings 1 time and then foward to cell #....not what i wanted.
i wanted Ooma and cell to ring simultaneously until either phone pickup or the VM took over.
currently, Ooma VM is set at 4 rings.

more details....
i setup Ooma to do MULTI-RING on my cell.
it has been great except for the past few weeks, i'm experiencing problem.
now, the problem seems to happen often with incoming international calls.
and some domestic calls.
so, i'm thinking this might be sporadic issues with Ooma system.

i have reboot both the Ooma and the Scout.
still same sporadic problem.

anyone else experience this problem?
what's the fix?

just to update this post:
nothing has changed to the setup.
nothing changes to the network, Ooma, Scout, landline (not active) and phones that used with Ooma and also same cell phone and #.

thanks.
#60288 by bw1
Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 pm
Mine is working fine.

Did you try adjusting the VM pickup time?

Also you could try it with this box checked and unchecked - "Require key press before answering forwarded calls".
#60568 by AdamBAtl
Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:17 am
I had the exact same problem happen to me a little while ago. It only happened when I had Multi-ring turned on - A call would ring once (really a fraction of a ring) and then do a blind transfer to my cell. I had the option to press 1 (actually this happened before and after this was even an option) and the call would ring through on my cell phone (with no press 1) and even go to my cell's voice mail. I was sitting at my computer next to my Telo some of the times it happened and I could see that I had no problems on the Telo and no interruption to my internet connection.

Since I had the exact times of the occurences from my call logs, I contacted Ooma support so they could trace it. Weeks of calls later they shrugged their shoulders and said it must be some kind of network issue. I had long since discontinued multi-ring in order to avoid the problem. I've turned it on from time to time for brief periods and haven't noticed the problem happening anymore. Perhaps they unwittingly fixed it.
#60716 by sokha
Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:30 am
updating this post....

putting the CHECK MARK in REQUIRE KEY PRESS BEFORE ANSWERING FWD CALLS seems to solve the problem.
however, haven't had any international inbound calls yet but domestic inbound calls seems to be solved.

will be back to post about international inbound calls.
#66134 by sokha
Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:47 pm
putting the CHECK MARK in REQUIRE KEY PRESS BEFORE ANSWERING FWD CALLS seems to solve the problem....for domestic and international calls.
#66469 by doug
Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:19 pm
sokha wrote:putting the CHECK MARK in REQUIRE KEY PRESS BEFORE ANSWERING FWD CALLS seems to solve the problem....for domestic and international calls.

That is expected behavior, and I think a primary reason the option even exists in the first place. When forwarded to a cell phone (typical for multi-ring) and the cell phone is on and is in range of a tower, then both numbers should ring concurrently and you can answer either device. If the time before the cell phone goes to VM is longer than the ooma VM time, ooma VM will pick up first.

The problem is when the cell phone is off, the battery is dead, or you have no reception. In these cases, your cell phone provider routes to your cell VM immediately instead of waiting to see if you answer your phone. That is controlled by the cell provider, not ooma.

If the box is UNchecked, then when the cell provider routes to its VM immediately, ooma sees the call as answered and quits ringing your ooma device.

If the box is checked, then when the cell provider routes to its VM immediately, unless your VM prompt contains the DTMF for the digit "1" ooma will not consider the call answered and continue to ring your ooma device.