Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#60024 by ajw522
Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:31 pm
It would be nice to have an option to have DND on, but then for certain numbers to come through. For example, all normal calls will to straight to VM, but important people like your spouse or kids can still get through.
#60030 by southsound
Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:56 pm
ajw522 wrote:It would be nice to have an option to have DND on, but then for certain numbers to come through. For example, all normal calls will to straight to VM, but important people like your spouse or kids can still get through.

This is exactly why I use Google Voice (naked) as my front end for ooma and my cell phone. I can put people in "groups" and then give each group a different treatment. So far, it is not availble with ooma alone.
#61237 by nn5i
Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:43 am
I do it a little differently in my own system. Each known caller can have imposed Quiet Hours, during which time his calls will not ring any phones. I can also place separate Quiet Hours on each of my telephone instruments, so that, say, from midnight to ten am (or any chosen hours), the living-room phones will ring but the bedroom phones will not. For each phone, I can also allow or forbid outbound calls during that phone's Quiet Hours (to get the kids to go to sleep instead of talking on their bedroom phones). There are separate Quiet Hours for weekdays and weekends, too. There's even a way to allow certain callers (but not others) to override Quiet Hours in case of emergency.

There are advantages to designing and building your own, but in theory Ooma could do a lot of these things too.