Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#60023 by cmeisel
Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:41 pm
I was waiting for the new app and happy to see it come out. After having used it and set it up on iphone and ipad here are some observations (and these are also questions, maybe I am doing something wrong)

1. The username and password was easy to set up but there is no way to make the password visible. So when I installed ooma on my ipad and looked at the password (which I had forgotten since I set up the iphone weeks ago) it only showed ****. I had to create a new login, remember it and then configure ipad and iphone again. Not very well thought out.
At the least have a button there to email me the password...

2. I have two numbers and I would like to see the ability to decide which I want to make calls from (display as outgoing). As it is now I have to create two account (one for each number) and switch between them which is very inconvenient.

3. A iphone app (especially VoIP) needs to take advantage of running in the background. This is a must have and I hope it comes soon.

4. I like the call logs but they make no sense (also, why are they called "recent" ? call logs would make more sense)
a. I can't delete any items out of the logs, not individual or all...why not ? terrible design
b. I can see incoming calls but there is never anything there since the app can't receive incoming calls

5. Access to VM via the app is a must have since web access is not working for iphone/ipad users. Please add this ASAP

6. Incoming calls would be great but not without item 3. (running as a background process)

7. In the dial pad you can't paste a number in. This is absolute basic and needs to be there.

8. I like the build in support form but there are problems.
a. nobody ever seems to answer them (I sent two and never received anything)
b. No landscape mode which is also a standard must have for iphone/ipad apps now
c. iphones and ipad's have a nice build in spell checker but your support form is not taking advantage of it which makes typing that much harder. I would say this is a must have. Try it and you will agree

9. Call quality over 3G (I called germany several times) was terrible. I heard people well but on the other end they felt a robot called them and they could not really understand me most of the time.

This app is a great start but it feels it was rushed out and you did obviously not do any beta testing (which is possible to do for iphone apps, very easily)

thanks

claus
#60040 by bw1
Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:05 pm
See this post from Bobby B - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8465&p=59425&hilit=iphone+app#p59425
and the faq - https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... mobile-faq

Most of your questions/concerns are addressed there.

While you're waiting for VM access in the app, you can log into my.ooma and play your voicemails. It works well.

I suspect they beta tested, perhaps you can request to beta test any planned enhancements
#60048 by southsound
Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:10 pm
cmeisel wrote:So when I installed ooma on my ipad and looked at the password (which I had forgotten since I set up the iphone weeks ago) it only showed ****. I had to create a new login, remember it and then configure ipad and iphone again. Not very well thought out.

I would find it very unsecure to have an app that did not obfuscate my password. Can you imagine the fun a person who found your iPhone would have if your passwords could be easily seen?

Edit: After reading cmeisel's response below and noting that this is within the my.ooma.com site which is secure, I agree that it would be a great idea. Thanks for clearing it up for me. :cool:
Last edited by southsound on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
#60052 by cmeisel
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:19 pm
I am talking about the ability to display or recover my iPhone app password from my.ooma.com (website) not the iPhone (which would not be secure) in case I forget it and want to use it for a second phone.
#60053 by cmeisel
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 pm
Thanks for the my.ooma.com tip bw1. Until recently that did not work but it sure does now. Great. Bobby's responds was good as well but most of my comments were not mentioned there only a few.

Thanks