Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#60525 by allo
Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 pm
murphy wrote:It was 3.5 times the yearly Premier rate.

To pay in advance for a service for that long even with an already established business ... is to say the least reckless, and definitely risky!
#60541 by murphy
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:54 pm
Not really. Compared to what I used to pay to Vonage I am already past my break even point.
#60546 by FreePhone
Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:15 pm
allo wrote:To pay in advance for a service for that long even with an already established business ... is to say the least reckless, and definitely risky!
People said the same thing for a lifetime subscription with Tivo. I have 3 Tivo's, 2 with lifetime subscriptions. One of the lifetime boxes is still going strong after 7 years, so its well past the break even point. Maybe I have been lucky, but I have always been ahead when I've paid for a lifetime service option.

So as long as Ooma stays in business and my Ooma box doesn't break, a lifetime cost would still be well worth it for me. Currently my Ooma Core breaks even at 8 months, after canceling my regular phone. And assuming a lifetime will cost $400, then the cost of Premier would break even a tad over 3 years. It works for me.
#60578 by DTMF
Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:10 am
murphy wrote:It was 3.5 times the yearly Premier rate.
Which made it essentially a gamble that the company will be around to provide Premier service 3.5 years from when you buy the lifetime sub.

I'm content to help the company's monthly cashflow with a monthly Premier sub. If the ship were to sink, at least it won't take my lifetime sub AND my investment in Ooma hardware with it.
#60701 by mrjagster
Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:27 am
I must say I was an early adopter and as such paid a premium for my Ooma system. I took a chance and haven't paid a phone bill since 2007. Yes, it was a risk but I'm glad I took it. Sometimes you just got to take a chance.
#60753 by sombulldog
Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:08 pm
Ok, so each of us have our own level of tolerance for risk. For those of us who are relatively more risk taking, is there anybody from Ooma who can tell us if there are plans of bringing the lifetime premier offer back? Thanks.
#60758 by southsound
Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 pm
sombulldog wrote:Ok, so each of us have our own level of tolerance for risk. For those of us who are relatively more risk taking, is there anybody from Ooma who can tell us if there are plans of bringing the lifetime premier offer back? Thanks.

You might want to email or call Tami Bhaumik. She is the Vice President of Corporate Marketing at ooma and would be the one who would know. However, such information is normally held very close to the vest and I would be very surprised if she was willing to divulge future plans since it would be of great advantage to the competition to know such things. All of the rest of us, save a few moderators, are like yourself - endusers who have no way of knowing.
#61642 by southsound
Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:19 am
Givmeabrek wrote:I'd buy it also. I hate monthly bills. :D

You could just send me $400 in small, unmarked bills and I'd be happy to make the monthly payment for you when I remembered. Of course, raccoons are easily distracted by shiny things and flashing lights. What were we talking about? :P