Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#59849 by sombulldog
Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 am
I agree. I would sign up in a hurry if it were offered again. I did not sign up previously because I did not know about it. Now I check back in these forums periodically specifically looking for its availability.
#60385 by southsound
Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 pm
FreePhone wrote:I would probably sign up as well if there was a lifetime Premier option.

Really? I guess you have a real problem with making up your mind. Seems like it wasn't long ago that you said:

FreePhone wrote:So I have been thinking about signing up for the Premier service, but wonder how hard it would be to cancel it after a year. All I really want to do is get my number ported for free and play around with the service on a short term basis (the trial period wasn't long enough), and have no plan to keep paying $120 a year for it. My whole point in even getting an Ooma Core system was to have free phone service.
#60468 by FreePhone
Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 am
Yes I have been going back and forth on what to do. An inexpensive one time lifetime fee could push me over to the Premier service. I hate monthly or yearly fees. But all I really wanted was free porting, of which I now have decided to pay for. I don't want to spend a lot of money with my Ooma, and is why I bought Ooma in the first place.
#60487 by southsound
Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:39 am
FreePhone wrote:Yes I have been going back and forth on what to do. An inexpensive one time lifetime fee could push me over to the Premier service. I hate monthly or yearly fees. But all I really wanted was free porting, of which I now have decided to pay for. I don't want to spend a lot of money with my Ooma, and is why I bought Ooma in the first place.

When Lifetime Premier (the "buyout") was available it was about $350. I don't know if ooma will ever bring it back or what the new price would be but at that time, Premier was $100 a year. So if available, it would possibly be in the $400 neighborhood. I don't think many folks would consider $400 "inexpensive". It was a GREAT value, but NOT inexpensive.