Bring back Lifetime Premier for current users!

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Insomnia

Bring back Lifetime Premier for current users!

Post by Insomnia » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 pm

I would like to see lifetime premier return as an option for a limited time. Anyone else?

heilpern

Re: Bring back Lifetime Premier for current users!

Post by heilpern » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 am

Maybe? I don't know what it is/was. I can guess from the name, of course, but how expensive is this option, and what (if any) limitations does it have versus the normal premier option?

devika

Post by devika » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 am

I second the idea of bringing Lifetime Premiere for those who missed it the first time around

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:59 am

heilpern wrote:Maybe? I don't know what it is/was. I can guess from the name, of course, but how expensive is this option, and what (if any) limitations does it have versus the normal premier option?
Read about it here - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3581
In particular, read this post from Dennis P - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3581&p=26896#p26896

sombulldog

Post by sombulldog » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 am

I agree. I would sign up in a hurry if it were offered again. I did not sign up previously because I did not know about it. Now I check back in these forums periodically specifically looking for its availability.

FreePhone

Post by FreePhone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I would probably sign up as well if there was a lifetime Premier option.

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 pm

FreePhone wrote:I would probably sign up as well if there was a lifetime Premier option.
Really? I guess you have a real problem with making up your mind. Seems like it wasn't long ago that you said:
FreePhone wrote:So I have been thinking about signing up for the Premier service, but wonder how hard it would be to cancel it after a year. All I really want to do is get my number ported for free and play around with the service on a short term basis (the trial period wasn't long enough), and have no plan to keep paying $120 a year for it. My whole point in even getting an Ooma Core system was to have free phone service.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

FreePhone

Post by FreePhone » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:50 am

Yes I have been going back and forth on what to do. An inexpensive one time lifetime fee could push me over to the Premier service. I hate monthly or yearly fees. But all I really wanted was free porting, of which I now have decided to pay for. I don't want to spend a lot of money with my Ooma, and is why I bought Ooma in the first place.

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:39 am

FreePhone wrote:Yes I have been going back and forth on what to do. An inexpensive one time lifetime fee could push me over to the Premier service. I hate monthly or yearly fees. But all I really wanted was free porting, of which I now have decided to pay for. I don't want to spend a lot of money with my Ooma, and is why I bought Ooma in the first place.
When Lifetime Premier (the "buyout") was available it was about $350. I don't know if ooma will ever bring it back or what the new price would be but at that time, Premier was $100 a year. So if available, it would possibly be in the $400 neighborhood. I don't think many folks would consider $400 "inexpensive". It was a GREAT value, but NOT inexpensive.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 am

It was 3.5 times the yearly Premier rate.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx