Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#59537 by oomax
Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:13 pm
In order for Ooma to research issues with calls their support needs the date, time, call duration, your number and number called along with the type of problem you experienced. Almost all of this information already exists in the Ooma Logs.

Ooma should create a feature allowing users to select a call from their online log and put notes about that call. Then Ooma support could look at the flagged calls in the log. This could work similar to how Google Voice lets users flag a voicemail and send it to their team to improve service. Anyone with bad service can flag a call and let support know their call was sub-par. Ooma could have certain quality options to select (dropped call, echo, voice breakup) or an open field for user notes.

If a user calls support the teams can easily view the list of flagged calls for that user. Even if the user doesn't call support their flagged calls could be combined with data from other users flagged calls to troubleshoot similar issues with the Ooma service. For example, Ooma could be automatically notified of an issue and use the data to track down problems with certain calls terminating in a prefix having quality issues.

This system would make it easier for a user to report problems to support. It would also allow Ooma to automatically track problems with their service & notify support teams.
#59544 by murphy
Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:04 am
There are 9225 users on this forum and over 100,000 users of Ooma products. Less than 10% of the users have ever visited this forum. It's a good idea but I'm not sure there would be enough flagged calls to identify a pattern.
#59560 by southsound
Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:11 am
Having been one who had to keep manual logs when I first got my hub, I LOVE the idea. And I'm quite familiar with how Google Voice's quality boxes work in their History list. You have two boxes - if you click the X box, it gives you a drop-down where you can choose the proper description. Even if a person NEVER visited the forum, it would be valuable. Just a simple note at the top of the Call Logs would suffice.
#59576 by Groundhound
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:34 am
I think it's a good idea too. Having something like a problem call check box in the call logs that would pop-up a short form to classify the nature of the problem would provide valuable info to Ooma. Users would need to understand that they should not expect individual feedback from Ooma on each report, though.
#59593 by oomax
Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:35 am
murphy wrote:There are 9225 users on this forum and over 100,000 users of Ooma products. Less than 10% of the users have ever visited this forum. It's a good idea but I'm not sure there would be enough flagged calls to identify a pattern.
Not everyone uses the forums but every one of the 100,000+ users has an account and has visited the My Ooma site at one time or another. That's where the call logs are located and where this feature could be integrated with the logs. A person having issues or wanting to help Ooma better the service could log into their My Ooma page and report call quality problems. Its the people with problems that will be motivated enough to log into their My Ooma account and use a call log flag.

I agree with Groundhound that a user shouldn't expect individual feedback. Although flagged calls in a log could help Ooma support give individual help when that user calls for support. All the info support needs is already in the Ooma call databases, flagged and ready for review. Probably a better set of information than a person rattling off hand written notes to support staff over the phone. Automatically identifying a pattern would be just another use for the information customers supply Ooma by flagging a call in the log.

This idea came from southsounds suggestion I keep logs for my problem - which happened again this morning. I thought all that information already exists with Ooma & would be more exact than an individuals handwritten log. This could improve Oomas support productivity by helping reduce the time Ooma spends on the phone gathering information from a customer before beginning any research into a problem. Consistent, accurate information should be what Ooma wants when identifying & fixing problems.