Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#59301 by noonbaja
Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:05 pm
I think one cool feature would be insted of a ring a nother odd one would be like when someone is calling you to say 'call from 800-800-800-800 until pickup or sent eles where '
#59370 by southsound
Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:42 pm
hpepper wrote:Yes - although Panasonic has wireless Dect 6 phones that do this - they work with Ooma. That is what I use.

If I had phones that did that they wouldn't for long! I have a 10 lb "adjusting" hammer that would take care of it. Does the phone really repeat the number over and over and over until you answer it? And people really find that to be a feature? Maybe I am just too used to the gentle sound of phones ringing quietly in the background. :shock:
#59403 by hpepper
Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 am
southsound wrote:
hpepper wrote:Yes - although Panasonic has wireless Dect 6 phones that do this - they work with Ooma. That is what I use.

If I had phones that did that they wouldn't for long! I have a 10 lb "adjusting" hammer that would take care of it. Does the phone really repeat the number over and over and over until you answer it? And people really find that to be a feature? Maybe I am just too used to the gentle sound of phones ringing quietly in the background. :shock:

Well, the phone rings twice then begins talking. We keep the volume down to an acceptable level and have the number of rings set to a nominal level - seems to work fine for us anyway.

We actually have fun with it - you can spell anything you want in the Panasonic contact list so you can have it say some fun stuff too! Sometimes I'll change my name to say something fun and then call home from work - My wife will pick up the phone laughing at times. Plus, when you change a contact on one handset, they all update automatically. Some of us have to be careful what names you put in for in-laws and such as I have young children around the house. :D
#59405 by southsound
Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:16 am
hpepper wrote:Well, the phone rings twice then begins talking. We keep the volume down to an acceptable level and have the number of rings set to a nominal level - seems to work fine for us anyway.

We actually have fun with it - you can spell anything you want in the Panasonic contact list so you can have it say some fun stuff too! Sometimes I'll change my name to say something fun and then call home from work - My wife will pick up the phone laughing at times. Plus, when you change a contact on one handset, they all update automatically. Some of us have to be careful what names you put in for in-laws and such as I have young children around the house. :D

OK, now I get it. All I could think of was those obnoxious telecommercials where they repeat the number over and over. Being able to assign a name could be quite handy but as you warn, you might have to be careful with content - even without small children. :P
#60984 by nn5i
Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:16 pm
Gosh -- I thought the telephone was a device to serve humanity -- not the other way round. Telephones should not be obnoxious nor insistent. I have never felt that any incoming telephone call was important enough to interrupt -- well -- anything at all. Unless, of course, it's a friend calling to tell me to go outside and watch a beautiful sunset.

Callers can wait, or return. Sunsets can't.
#60996 by southsound
Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 pm
nn5i wrote:Gosh -- I thought the telephone was a device to serve humanity -- not the other way round. Telephones should not be obnoxious nor insistent. I have never felt that any incoming telephone call was important enough to interrupt -- well -- anything at all. Unless, of course, it's a friend calling to tell me to go outside and watch a beautiful sunset.

Callers can wait, or return. Sunsets can't.

Carl,
Are we beginning to see a softer side? I not only agree but am looking for a way to program my Telo to call me when the sky is just right for a beautiful one. You know, just enough cloud cover that the Lord gets out his BIG crayola box and shows us what 18 million shades of red and orange look like! We live in the middle of a forest on our 3 mile by 10 mile island - but when the clouds are just right: