Only an iPhone app?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
jjbrehm4th

Only an iPhone app?

Post by jjbrehm4th » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the announcement that the Ooma Mobile is being released in an iPhone environment only. Okay... so an Androis app is in the works as well? I see no "real" opportunities for savings there as one would have to have an AT&T account to use this app. Your customers are coming to you because you are offering a quality product that does NOT require a costly brand-specific committment. Why not offer an app that can run on a Windows Mobile or Windows 7 (laptop) device that does NOT require a Cell Phone account and can run on the free WIFI services popping up everywhere, or a hardwire connection? Surely Ooma must realize they could steal away a large number of the more casual cell phone users. I, for one, would purchase a portable WIFI device specifically for this purpose. Magic Jack offers a Thumb Drive sized device that a mobile laptop can use. Ooma needs to do something quickly to corner that market as well. By the way, I am a User who left the cell phone companies behind in favor of a MUCH less expensive mobile application. I would prefer to stick solely with Ooma.

DTMF

Re: Only an iPhone app?

Post by DTMF » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm

jjbrehm4th wrote:Why not offer an app that can run on a Windows Mobile or Windows 7 (laptop) device that does NOT require a Cell Phone account and can run on the free WIFI services popping up everywhere, or a hardwire connection?
The app works on the iPod Touch. The Touch doesn't require a wireless account, nor does it have a monthly fee. It works on wifi.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

dsinternet

Re: Only an iPhone app?

Post by dsinternet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:48 pm

I use my IPod Touch to make calls while I am away from home. I have a "Pay as you go" plan and it cost 18 cents a min. So with Ooma I am making more fun calls since 18 cents a min is not a fun call. This Ooma app is Great!