Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#59267 by jjbrehm4th
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:00 pm
I am EXTREMELY disappointed in the announcement that the Ooma Mobile is being released in an iPhone environment only. Okay... so an Androis app is in the works as well? I see no "real" opportunities for savings there as one would have to have an AT&T account to use this app. Your customers are coming to you because you are offering a quality product that does NOT require a costly brand-specific committment. Why not offer an app that can run on a Windows Mobile or Windows 7 (laptop) device that does NOT require a Cell Phone account and can run on the free WIFI services popping up everywhere, or a hardwire connection? Surely Ooma must realize they could steal away a large number of the more casual cell phone users. I, for one, would purchase a portable WIFI device specifically for this purpose. Magic Jack offers a Thumb Drive sized device that a mobile laptop can use. Ooma needs to do something quickly to corner that market as well. By the way, I am a User who left the cell phone companies behind in favor of a MUCH less expensive mobile application. I would prefer to stick solely with Ooma.
#59272 by DTMF
Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:22 pm
jjbrehm4th wrote:Why not offer an app that can run on a Windows Mobile or Windows 7 (laptop) device that does NOT require a Cell Phone account and can run on the free WIFI services popping up everywhere, or a hardwire connection?

The app works on the iPod Touch. The Touch doesn't require a wireless account, nor does it have a monthly fee. It works on wifi.
#59277 by dsinternet
Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:48 pm
I use my IPod Touch to make calls while I am away from home. I have a "Pay as you go" plan and it cost 18 cents a min. So with Ooma I am making more fun calls since 18 cents a min is not a fun call. This Ooma app is Great!