Ooma Iphone App Prepayment

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
AndrewScott

Ooma Iphone App Prepayment

Post by AndrewScott » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:06 am

Am I incorrect in understanding from the forum that Ooma is working on having Premier customers NOT deposit money into a prepaid account for the iPhone app to work in the future?

As I stated in previous posts I would love to purchase the Ooma iPhone app but I don't want to have to deposit money into an Ooma prepaid account that I will never use.

If you are working on removing the prepaid $10 deposit for Premier members is there a time frame you expect to have this done?

Thanks.

bw1

Re: Ooma Iphone App Prepayment

Post by bw1 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:13 am

AndrewScott wrote:Am I incorrect in understanding from the forum that Ooma is working on having Premier customers NOT deposit money into a prepaid account for the iPhone app to work in the future?

As I stated in previous posts I would love to purchase the Ooma iPhone app but I don't want to have to deposit money into an Ooma prepaid account that I will never use.

If you are working on removing the prepaid $10 deposit for Premier members is there a time frame you expect to have this done?

Thanks.
This is the only info that I've seen posted:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8371&p=58891#p58891
Bobby B wrote:Totally agree - having Premier should've been enough to get folks started using the Mobile client. We currently have this limitation in our billing system: SIP and International calls require a prepaid account and the only way to create a prepaid account is to purchase prepaid calling credit.

We were hoping to workaround the above limitation by automatically creating the prepaid account with a small starting balance when the Ooma Mobile was enabled. Unfortunately, we weren't able to implement this in time for App store launch - though hopefully we'll have this sometime in the near future.
bryanlyle wrote:I minded having to pony up $10 into my prepaid account in order to use the app. Being a premier customer should have been enough to get going.