Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58998 by slipsco
Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:41 am
On Tues 6/29 at 12:00 noon my service went down. Now when people call my business it says we are currently not accepting calls. We have a vanity number that we spent 10's of thousands of dollars promoting. Don't know what to do. Tech support doesn't seem to have an answer.

I would appreciate any feedback - stephenlipscomb@yahoo.com
#59000 by Groundhound
Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:15 am
Since this is a public-readable user forum, you may want to edit your email address out of your post. If someone here wants to contact you privately they can do so using the PM feature.

To receive help from other users here, you will need to provide as much non-private information as possible about your setup, type of Ooma product, Internet connection, complete problem description (can you make outbound calls), etc.
#59002 by murphy
Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 am
slipsco wrote:On Tues 6/29 at 12:00 noon my service went down. Now when people call my business it says we are currently not accepting calls. We have a vanity number that we spent 10's of thousands of dollars promoting. Don't know what to do. Tech support doesn't seem to have an answer.

Is the envelope light on? If it is, push and hold until it goes out.
I don't understand why a business that can afford "10's of thousands of dollars" on advertising would entrust their phone service to a VOIP phone system designed for residential use.
#59008 by ntoy
Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:11 am
Hello,

The issue appers to be with our carrier. We've opened a ticket
& escalated to our carrier. Will keep you posted.

Your reference case: CS-53765
#59031 by Leeway
Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:01 pm
murphy wrote:I don't understand why a business that can afford "10's of thousands of dollars" on advertising would entrust their phone service to a VOIP phone system designed for residential use.

Murphy is beyond a doubt one of the most helpful and knowledgeable people here. Of all the things I've read that Murphy ever wrote, this is the one I thought was the best !! I agree with Murphy ! :cool:

Donna
#59040 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 pm
murphy wrote:I don't understand why a business that can afford "10's of thousands of dollars" on advertising would entrust their phone service to a VOIP phone system designed for residential use.

Not that ooma isn't reliable.
#60655 by oomg
Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 am
slipsco wrote:On Tues 6/29 at 12:00 noon my service went down. Now when people call my business it says we are currently not accepting calls. We have a vanity number that we spent 10's of thousands of dollars promoting. Don't know what to do. Tech support doesn't seem to have an answer.

I think Murphy is being a little harsh here. Remember, for the most part, we want to help find a solution to whatever problem may be plaguing our Ooma family members. Having said that, about fifteen months ago, there was a major outage that affected the entire Ooma system. Lots of grumbling and finger pointing. The resolution that seemed to make the most sense was "don't forget to have a back-up plan." I don't know how many Ooma numbers you have which are affected by the current situation, but maybe opting for call forwarding to an alternate number on network outage would help. Since I have very poor cell phone signal where I live, I still maintain one AT&T number with minimal service as a back-up to my Ooma service at home. Getting kind of dusty, but it is there. All I need to do in change one plug, and I am up and running.