Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3823 by jscrow
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 pm
I put in a port request over a month ago and received an email acknowledgment a week later. I called last week to check the status and they said the request was sent to my phone company to port this week. I talked to Cincinnati Bell this morning and they said they received no such request. What is the status? Ooma works well, but is completely useless to me unless I can get my number ported as promised. In the meantime, I'm paying for phone service that I'm not even using while I wait for the port. I tried to call ooma today on 4 different occasions and was on hold for a total of 3 hours before giving up. At what point do I request a refund for the port and ooma system if this is not going to happen as advertised?
#3901 by tjnamtiw
Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 pm
jscrow wrote:I put in a port request over a month ago and received an email acknowledgment a week later. I called last week to check the status and they said the request was sent to my phone company to port this week. I talked to Cincinnati Bell this morning and they said they received no such request. What is the status? Ooma works well, but is completely useless to me unless I can get my number ported as promised. In the meantime, I'm paying for phone service that I'm not even using while I wait for the port. I tried to call ooma today on 4 different occasions and was on hold for a total of 3 hours before giving up. At what point do I request a refund for the port and ooma system if this is not going to happen as advertised?

The phone companies see the hand writing on the wall and will do very little to help you with the porting. They make it as hard as possible. It's not worth the hassle.