Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3822 by ram104
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:46 pm
Is there a way to block the call waiting option? I would like not having that option because for some reason when I'm on the phone and another call comes in through call waiting the call quality drops considerably. I have my QoS set at 1500 up load.
I just assume not having call waiting. I wouldn't mind while I'm on the phone just to have the next call go right to voice mail.
Any help I would appreciate it.
#5034 by meangene2
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:30 pm
Ram, did you ever get an answer on this? I'd like to know as well.

Whenever I am on a call and a second call 'beeps' in, Ooma automatically connects that call, and places the first call (the one I was on) on hold. Incredibly annoying to the point that I would just like to permanently disable call waiting.

Anyone have any idea?
#5035 by ram104
Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:51 pm
I never did get a reply, but what do I expect from ooma. I'm still dealing with another issue that currently has 11 pages in the post under call quality. IF you do find something let me know.
#5036 by just4fn
Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:34 pm
Since everything is controlled in the lounge, it would be nice to have all the available add-ons in the lounge listed to either be checked or not checked. That would solve a lot of issues
#5039 by WayneDsr
Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:06 pm
Wow that is strange. I was just on a call, another call came in and it just rang until my wife picked up the other phone on the Scout. Never had it automatically connect me to the second caller. If no one was around to answer it, I would have to "flash" over to answer like any call waiting.

Wayne
#5097 by fishmister
Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:16 pm
This feature would be great! I don't want to hear the call waiting interrupt me in conversation with someone else. that is what the other line or voice mail is for.
#8522 by 3053289069
Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:59 am
I really need call waiting to be disabled, I use the ooma for work and it is not nice/good to have an interruption while Im on the phone with a client.

There has to be a way!

Thank you.
#8523 by murphy
Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 am
Push and hold the envelope button until it lights up, after your call is in progress. Any incoming calls will go direct to voice mail. Just don't forget to turn it off when your call is finished.