Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58936 by Insomnia
Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:19 pm
I am fed up with people not getting the facts right. It seems like some people are trying to make Ooma fail. I think Ooma is a great company and I would like it to be successful. If Ooma does well then I keep saving money each month on my phone bill.

The facts have been well represented here. We all have a stake in Ooma succeeding. I've been with Ooma since the beginning. The idea was noble, but much to my dismay, I am seeing this company go down a very disturbing path. I take the time to post my critiqe because I know I'm not the only one taking issue with this. A smart CEO turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to those that praise, and sees and hears the critisism.

None of us need to spend the time to sound off in this forum about our issues that concern us. We could simply keep them to ourselves, stop using Ooma and stop telling our friends, family and associates about it. I'm at that point. I'm a lifetime premier subscriber that has had his share of issues with Ooma. I often come here to voice my opinion about things that concern me, but I'm tired of being contradicted within 10 seconds of posting. you guys can try and spin this all you want, but we are real people paying real money for a service. We deserve to be heard and our concerns taken seriously.

To the fellow that didn't get his check this month, you don't need to be paid to be a moderator. The fact that you arent paid and have over 1500 posts just makes it... well... sad.
#58937 by Jarras
Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:22 pm
lbmofo wrote:250 min free/month for Premier members is a fact. Nothing to spin. What's to complain about?

Yes, it's truly 250 free min/month. But here's the thing for me... the app is for the iPhone. Don't most iPhone users already have generous buckets of calling minutes on their cellular plans? Mine is a business phone, and I get unlimited data and voice with no domestic long distance or roaming charges. So I'd never actually use the 250 free minutes, and touting a $10 app that needs an additional $10 pre-load just because the buyer can get 250 free minutes sounds hollow at best. Granted, some people will find use for those 250 minutes, but it's probably such a small segment of the Ooma user base that it really begs the question of why spend the development money on an app with such limited appeal.
#58939 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:50 pm
Insomnia wrote:
I am fed up with people not getting the facts right. It seems like some people are trying to make Ooma fail. I think Ooma is a great company and I would like it to be successful. If Ooma does well then I keep saving money each month on my phone bill.

To the fellow that didn't get his check this month, you don't need to be paid to be a moderator. The fact that you arent paid and have over 1500 posts just makes it... well... sad.

Yea, it's sad, I don't know why anyone would want to spend any of their time in life to help others for "free".
#58940 by southsound
Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm
Insomnia wrote:Am I the only one fed up with the spin doctoring of the undercover moderators in the forum? All Hail the mighty Ooma they can do no wrong. ROFLMFAO

If a person would carefully read through my posts they would realize that I could not be an ooma employee and get away with many of my comments. There are a lot of things I like about ooma. The people, the promise of the technology, the free phone calls, my Telo now that it works great. But there are some things I have been very vocal about - like GVE, the BlueTooth option, the lack of a second wired port on the Telo. I also refuse to add money to my prepaid account so I can make non-ooma calls with my iPod Touch. Poor execution as far as I am concerned. I never make international calls and my TOTAL cell usage is less than 200 minutes a month. I'm not going to put $10 into escrow for mobile minutes or in case I ever make a friend outside the US. But that doesn't mean I hate ooma.

How is it that a person can spend enough time on the forum to get my post count and not get paid? Well, I don't drink or fool around, I worked hard until I retired 12 years ago (now I think I may work even harder as a recovery pastor - also for free), and I LIKE helping people. It keeps me current in technology and it's fun. I will not, and have NEVER followed an ooma company line and I'm anything but a spin doctor.

The great thing about this country is that we are all entitled to our opinion. Reasonable or totally defying logic, we are allowed to have it. And I respect your right to feel how you do. I also hope that someday ALL (or at least an overwhealming majority) of ooma users can feel as good about their purchase as I do.
#58942 by highq
Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 pm
If one is getting 250 free minutes per month for Ooma mobile, then one has a Premier account.
If one has a Premier account, one has a credit card account number on file with Ooma.
If Ooma knows one's credit account number, what does it need the $10 deposit for?
#58943 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:13 pm
Insomnia wrote:The idea was noble, but much to my dismay, I am seeing this company go down a very disturbing path.

Ooma wants to make Premier more attractive so constantly offering more features and perks to attract more Premier customers; recently bluetooth (which you had issues with) and now the 250 min free per month ooma app. The company still offers free home phone service once you buy a device; with exception of adding RRF, nothing has changed in that regard. They haven't raised the price on Premier so I'd like to know why it is so disturbing to you that ooma is constantly adding features and perks to your Premir service?

Insomnia wrote:...stop using Ooma and stop telling our friends, family and associates about it. I'm at that point.

Have you stopped using ooma? If not, you just want to keep the $ savings all to yourself? Does that make sense to you?

Insomnia wrote:...but I'm tired of being contradicted within 10 seconds of posting. you guys can try and spin this all you want, but we are real people paying real money for a service. We deserve to be heard and our concerns taken seriously.

If you don't want that, don't post erroneous or incomplete info.

Insomnia wrote:To the fellow that didn't get his check this month, you don't need to be paid to be a moderator. The fact that you arent paid and have over 1500 posts just makes it... well... sad.

This is a personal attack on someone who spends their valuable time to help other ooma users; this is uncalled for.

Jarras wrote:Yes, it's truly 250 free min/month. But here's the thing for me... the app is for the iPhone. Don't most iPhone users already have generous buckets of calling minutes on their cellular plans? Mine is a business phone, and I get unlimited data and voice with no domestic long distance or roaming charges. So I'd never actually use the 250 free minutes, and touting a $10 app that needs an additional $10 pre-load just because the buyer can get 250 free minutes sounds hollow at best. Granted, some people will find use for those 250 minutes, but it's probably such a small segment of the Ooma user base that it really begs the question of why spend the development money on an app with such limited appeal.

This is another perk for Premier members but equally attractive to basic/core users that want to have a prepaid bucket mobile (anywhere there is 3G/wifi). A huge $ savings tool when overseas calling US numbers through wifi.
#58947 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:21 pm
highq wrote:If one is getting 250 free minutes per month for Ooma mobile, then one has a Premier account.
If one has a Premier account, one has a credit card account number on file with Ooma.
If Ooma knows one's credit account number, what does it need the $10 deposit for?

Maybe the answer is to auto fill prepaid at $10 increments instead of requiring Premier members to have a balance; I am sure the guys are working on something like that.
#58957 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm
lbmofo wrote:
highq wrote:If one is getting 250 free minutes per month for Ooma mobile, then one has a Premier account.

Maybe the answer is to auto fill prepaid at $10 increments instead of requiring Premier members to have a balance; I am sure the guys are working on something like that.

See Bobby B's post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8371&p=58891#p58891

But it's prepaid, I don't think they would want to have to bill your credit card for $0.02 when you've made a 1 minute phone call.

I previously said they should've added 2 cents to those that got an Ooma mobile account. I'll bump that to 10 cents, that's what Google Voice gave me to try International calls. :)
#61816 by dioxide45
Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:04 pm
We happily paid $9.99 for the app. We have an IPod Touch, Ooma Premier and already have $10 loaded to our prepaid account for international calling. So for us it was an easy decision. Just used the app for the first time today calling from a WiFi hot spot to test it out (we don't have WiFi in our home, only wired). We were very pleased. We don't use a cell phone for anything except emergencies. Due to that, we have a pay as you go phone that costs $0.25/minutes. When we vacation, my wife likes to call home at least once a day to talk with her family, this app will work great for this and we should never exceed the 250 free minutes that premier gives us. The app will pay for itself after just one or two vacations. We usually stay at places that provide free wifi.

Thank you Ooma for providing a great app for us.