Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58858 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:18 am
csilver wrote:This app does not make any sense. I thought the whole reason for this app was to use Ooma's minutes for FREE through my Wi-Fi. What's the difference if I use my iPhone or my home phone to talk at my house. Are they not the same minutes? Then why would I get charged for using minutes with my iPhone?

Strike two for the Ooma iPhone app.

Why would you want to use it at home? The reason is so you can use it through Wifi or 3G while on the go instead of your cell phone minutes.
#58861 by lbmofo
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:26 am
csilver wrote:This app does not make any sense. I thought the whole reason for this app was to use Ooma's minutes for FREE through my Wi-Fi. What's the difference if I use my iPhone or my home phone to talk at my house. Are they not the same minutes? Then why would I get charged for using minutes with my iPhone?

Strike two for the Ooma iPhone app.

The difference is that you are now mobile with your ooma number and your prepaid balance.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8371&start=10#p58855
#58866 by frenchcamp49er
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:37 am
This stupid ten bucks for the app and now I have to pay ten more to use my 250 FREE minutes LAME. Getting a refund now.
#58867 by dsinternet
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am
I am wondering why premier users need to have a balance in the first place. The only reason I have a balance on my account is so I can use this app. I will never go over 200 minutes; so I will never use my balance. It seems kinda silly to force people to get something they might never use. I can see forcing basic users or premier users that go over their free minutes. I see the negative reviews in the app store and hate to give anyone another reason to give it a poor review. I think this Ooma app is great and love it. I want to see it succeed.
#58868 by Groundhound
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:42 am
frenchcamp49er wrote:I thought as a premeir member I get 250 free why would I need to pay for them?

As a funds buffer to draw against (without stopping service) in case you exceed your 250 free minutes. I'm guessing the reason for the $10 minimum funds charge is because credit card transaction fees for Ooma would be too high for a lesser amount.
#58871 by bw1
Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:52 am
Groundhound wrote:
frenchcamp49er wrote:I thought as a premeir member I get 250 free why would I need to pay for them?

As a funds buffer to draw against (without stopping service) in case you exceed your 250 free minutes. I'm guessing the reason for the $10 minimum funds charge is because credit card transaction fees for Ooma would be too high for a lesser amount.

Seems like they could eliminate this requirement for Premier subscribers or give them a 2 cent balance to use.

I had a feeling this would cause contention.
#58888 by frenchcamp49er
Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:01 pm
Got it to work, finally but this app cost $20 not $10 as ooma says, I read in another app that they should make voip an in-app purchase, wifi would be free...this is the was it should have been done.
#58890 by frenchcamp49er
Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:10 pm
OK, after the initial i'm pissed off period, the app works great over wifi and 3G, I would recommend the app, but not at the $20 price tag. I really see no use for this app, as I have a hugh amount of family minutes that we never use, I guess when/if i could answer a call that would be cool, and I would like access to mu account.