Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3816 by whn
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 pm
While I love the feature

when you block someone, it tells them

This person has blocked your number, Good Bye

Can you guys change this to perhaps NO MESSAGE? or just letting it ring without ever going to me?

While Im not looking out for these robocallers or telemarketers, I dont want to piss them off even more with such message ooma gives them.

They just end up calling from a different phone number, which has happened already.

Can you just let it ring without such message that you currently have as default

I think the current message just pisses them off even more.

Thanks!

SUGGESTIONS

Change to:

1. No Message, let it ring
2. Busy Signal
#4004 by Bobby B
Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:33 pm
Yep, we'll be adding a 3rd option that will either cause the call to ring for 3 minutes and drop or just play a busy signal. Hopefully we'll see this in the next month.
#4086 by Falcon
Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 pm
superdlux wrote:or the phone not in service/disconnected phone number tone, then a pause and the blocked message, so the robocallers take the number off the list.

Preferably this ^ as one of the options too. I'd love to be able to improve the chance that these unwanted callers remove my number from their call list. I've heard of people actually making this tone their answering machine message to combat this plague on modern life.

Think about anytime there's an impending election. For two weeks prior to a recent election I received the same robocall message every day from a state candidate (plus robocalls from other candidates too). For this reason alone (amongst others likely too) I would not vote for the person. The robocall assault must be thwarted!