Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58553 by lbmofo
Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:43 am
Got to check this out. Ultra high-resolution Retina display, smaller, thinner, faster. Changes the game all over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJYoj3HVTd4

As for the Droid X coming out next month....bulkier with bigger screen but same resolution, even developed a huge tacky camera bulge...really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cNqFKWp0I

Remember that AT&T commercial where diners had their AT&T smartphones replaced by Verizon branded models? There's the shot of that lady waving the Motorola DROID back and forth, asking, "Where is my cool phone?"

Looking at the 2 videos, I know exactly what she is talking about. Outdated and dull styling + Yucky Camera Bulge! Aint nothing touching the iPhone!
#58748 by ButcherChop
Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm
I ditched my iPhone for an Android device and havent looked back. Good to see Apple's iPhone is catching up to Android and the rest of em in certain respects.

Android has been multitasking for two years now. iPhone just got it.

Android EVO had the front face camera first. iPhone just got it and only usable iPhone4 to iPhone4 over WiFi. Android can use Fring to phone or desktop.

Android doesnt censor questionable apps or content from their Android Market like Apple does.

Android has Google Maps turn by turn navigation for FREE. iPhone has apps that charge about $40-$80.

Android has speech to text. No more texting while driving. I can just speak it to my Android and it will submit it in text form. Works great! iPhone doesnt.

Android has Google Voice. I can text for FREE UNLIMITED! iPhone and AT&T banned it from the App Store.

Coming in Froyo 2.2 (was released this week) Android's new Software Update:

Tons of cloud based goodies. Like remotely accessing your iTunes music over 3G or WiFi to your phone, FREE!!

FLASH is coming. Apple doesnt have that.

Tethering!

Google translate on the Go! - stuck in a new country? Just talk english to your phone and it comes out in French, Spanish, etc. FREE.

I can go on and on. Android For the Win!! As much as I like my Macbook and iPod........ no more iPhone for me. Not even 4.0. Apple iPhones are so Two-thousand and LATE.
#58755 by southsound
Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:46 pm
ButcherChop wrote:I can go on and on. Android For the Win!! As much as I like my Macbook and iPod........ no more iPhone for me. Not even 4.0. Apple iPhones are so Two-thousand and LATE.

I like my ATT phone because it is hard to lose and very stylish. Notice the top-grain leather case? It came at no charge!

#58760 by Groundhound
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:42 pm
I'll probably upgrade my dumb phone to a smart phone when my contract runs out on Verizon, but will likely stay with them. Nothing as fancy as southsound's, but maybe a Moto Droid X or what ever the lastest is in a few more months. Seems like these Android based phones come out every couple of months.
#58764 by lbmofo
Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:25 pm
Except for your phone, southsound, every other phone is a wannabe. :P
#58777 by bw1
Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:12 pm
I prefer the bag phone to the attache case phone.

#58956 by Boondocs
Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:09 pm
ButcherChop wrote:I ditched my iPhone for an Android device and havent looked back. Good to see Apple's iPhone is catching up to Android and the rest of em in certain respects.

Android has been multitasking for two years now. iPhone just got it.

Android EVO had the front face camera first. iPhone just got it and only usable iPhone4 to iPhone4 over WiFi. Android can use Fring to phone or desktop.

Android doesnt censor questionable apps or content from their Android Market like Apple does.

Android has Google Maps turn by turn navigation for FREE. iPhone has apps that charge about $40-$80.

Android has speech to text. No more texting while driving. I can just speak it to my Android and it will submit it in text form. Works great! iPhone doesnt.

Android has Google Voice. I can text for FREE UNLIMITED! iPhone and AT&T banned it from the App Store.

Coming in Froyo 2.2 (was released this week) Android's new Software Update:

Tons of cloud based goodies. Like remotely accessing your iTunes music over 3G or WiFi to your phone, FREE!!

FLASH is coming. Apple doesnt have that.

Tethering!

Google translate on the Go! - stuck in a new country? Just talk english to your phone and it comes out in French, Spanish, etc. FREE.

I can go on and on. Android For the Win!! As much as I like my Macbook and iPod........ no more iPhone for me. Not even 4.0. Apple iPhones are so Two-thousand and LATE.

Thumbs UP!

Once IPhone comes to Verizon then it will be the phone that everyone is chasing.
#63870 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:28 pm
Boondocs wrote:Once IPhone comes to Verizon then it will be the phone that everyone is chasing.

Oh yeah?

lbmofo wrote:....for them Verizon fans out there that are wanting iPhone on Verizon. I got news for you. With a handful of Droids they got, they already got issues with bandwidth. Just imagine oodles of iPhones on their network! Their network sucks. This superior network crap is just a facade and myth fed by anecdotal hype. All other carriers' smartphones combined dont' equal 1/2 of the iPhone traffic that AT&T is supporting. Gee, I wonder why Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, Sony Reader, and many other 3G emerging devices decided to go with AT&T if Verizon's network is so superior? Because their stuff is crap left for dead by the rest of the world and slow as heck....

Check this out: Most iPhone users love AT&T

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/23/technol ... one_4_att/