Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#55259 by cholme
Mon May 10, 2010 11:28 pm
I have read some things about an iPhone App for making calls through Ooma... But what I would love is simply something to check messages. I know you can use safari, but a dedicated app would be awesome.
#55326 by michaellindahl
Tue May 11, 2010 5:09 pm
Bobby B wrote:Hi chief,

We don't have anything on the near-term development map to create a native iPhone application for the Lounge, but we will try making it work correctly with the iPhone's Safari Browser (currently there is a problem playing voicemail through the iPhone's Safari browser).

The good news about the iPhone 2.0 firmware : voicemail attachments seem to work successfully in the iPhone's mail application.

Thanks,
Bobby

<rant>
Bobby, I know Ooma likes to take about a year to get anything done, but I heard you have improved this. However it disappoints me that two years ago you said that you are working on a problem to play voicemails over the iPhone and now iPad, let me say Flash is dead, therefore you should not have any part of your site in flash, and you should already have voicemail playing working on the iPhone OS Operating System.

Kinda disappointed that you need more than 2 years to rewrite something in Flash to HTML5, are you hiring people left and right? I'm thinking you might want to...
</rant>

Keep up the Great work with Ooma! Can't wait for the iPhone/iPad app! BTW, I currently have an Ooma Core, and an Ooma Telo in operation at my house. :D
#55327 by michaellindahl
Tue May 11, 2010 5:24 pm
cholme wrote:I have read some things about an iPhone App for making calls through Ooma... But what I would love is simply something to check messages. I know you can use safari, but a dedicated app would be awesome.

Heres my little blog post on the iPhone App, when to expect it, what it will do: http://bit.ly/ak3Eme