Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#59265 by southsound
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:46 am
dsinternet wrote:Is there a way to keep "forward on network outage" to my cell phone and do a "multiple ring" to my Google Voice number at the same time. I can't give up the cell phone number since I feel I need a backup plan if the Internet goes down.
I guess I could have Google Voice ring both my home and cell phone at the same time. How does that work if we only have the cell phone on if the Internet is down and once in awhile when we are not home. Would my turned off cell phone voice mail pick up the call on the first ring?

I use "naked" Google Voice as a front end for all my calling. I give out only my GV number and tell friends not to use the number that shows up on CID as that will not reach us most of the time. I set up "call screening" in GV's calls menu. This means that when a call comes in I have to press 1 to take it. All calls go to both my cell and my Telo - but unless someone actually answers the call and presses 1, it goes to Google Voicemail. If I am going to be away from the house and my wife will be home, I just uncheck the cell phone - then all calls go to her and if she needs me, I can still be reached. I know that the press 1 is an inconvenience for some, but we've grown used to it and it is no longer a problem compared to all the features it gives us. Of course, YMMV.
#59375 by lbmofo
Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:14 pm
Bobby B wrote:You can't setup call forwarding on only one number today (assuming you have multiple numbers on the device). We're working on a re-design of the call forwarding page so that you can independently choose which numbers you want to enable call forwarding on.

crpeck wrote:What I would like to do, but, I can't seem to figure out how to do it...

I have two Ooma phone numbers, I'd like to forward the primary phone number to Google Voice, and, then have Google Voice forward it to the secondary Ooma phone number. That way I could use Google to manage my Voice Mail.

Does this apply to prviate numbers assigned to a Scout or Telo Handset?
#61415 by lbmofo
Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:49 pm
Bobby B wrote:You can't setup call forwarding on only one number today (assuming you have multiple numbers on the device). We're working on a re-design of the call forwarding page so that you can independently choose which numbers you want to enable call forwarding on.

crpeck wrote:What I would like to do, but, I can't seem to figure out how to do it...

I have two Ooma phone numbers, I'd like to forward the primary phone number to Google Voice, and, then have Google Voice forward it to the secondary Ooma phone number. That way I could use Google to manage my Voice Mail.

The re-design is implemented. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8776#p61410