Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58367 by crpeck
Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:53 am
What I would like to do, but, I can't seem to figure out how to do it...

I have two Ooma phone numbers, I'd like to forward the primary phone number to Google Voice, and, then have Google Voice forward it to the secondary Ooma phone number. That way I could use Google to manage my Voice Mail.
#58373 by southsound
Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:47 am
I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish - are both ooma numbers on the same device? If so, then you could just have them both as shared numbers and you would have just one voicemail. Give us a little more information about one or two oomas and what you are trying to accomplish by "That way I could use Google to manage my Voice Mail."
#58488 by crpeck
Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:14 am
I much prefer the way that Google Voice handles voicemail, that said, my setup is one Ooma Telo, Premier, and 2 Ooma phone numbers. I'd like to forward the main Ooma phone number to Google Voice, add the 2nd Ooma phone number to google voice to ring when calls come in. If no one answers, have Google Voice handle the VoiceMail instead of the Ooma.

Hope that clears up any misundestanding..
Thanks
#58492 by Bobby B
Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 am
You can't setup call forwarding on only one number today (assuming you have multiple numbers on the device). We're working on a re-design of the call forwarding page so that you can independently choose which numbers you want to enable call forwarding on.

crpeck wrote:What I would like to do, but, I can't seem to figure out how to do it...

I have two Ooma phone numbers, I'd like to forward the primary phone number to Google Voice, and, then have Google Voice forward it to the secondary Ooma phone number. That way I could use Google to manage my Voice Mail.
#58708 by heilpern
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:33 am
I also prefer Google Voice's email support. What I do is have my ooma number simultaneously ring the Google Voice number, and I set the ooma "Voicemail Pickup Time" to 7 rings... Google Voice's voicemail takes the call first, so that's where my voicemail gets managed.
#58714 by bw1
Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:59 am
heilpern wrote:I also prefer Google Voice's email support. What I do is have my ooma number simultaneously ring the Google Voice number, and I set the ooma "Voicemail Pickup Time" to 7 rings... Google Voice's voicemail takes the call first, so that's where my voicemail gets managed.

You would also need to uncheck the "Require key press before answering forwarded calls" box.
#59234 by dsinternet
Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:21 pm
I could not get it to work. After I made the change; Ooma still picked up my voice mail. I changed it back and then my phone stopped ringing. Callers would get dead air for 20 secs then a busy signal. It now seems to be back to normal. The only thing I can think of is that I tested things out within mins of making the changes on the web sites. Do I need to wait a few mins after I change things on the web site?
#59235 by murphy
Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:30 pm
dsinternet wrote:I could not get it to work. After I made the change; Ooma still picked up my voice mail. I changed it back and then my phone stopped ringing. Callers would get dead air for 20 secs then a busy signal. It now seems to be back to normal. The only thing I can think of is that I tested things out within mins of making the changes on the web sites. Do I need to wait a few mins after I change things on the web site?

The web site is a front end for back end servers. You should wait 3 to 5 minutes after making a change for it to be implemented.
#59257 by dsinternet
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:57 am
Is there a way to keep "forward on network outage" to my cell phone and do a "multiple ring" to my Google Voice number at the same time. I can't give up the cell phone number since I feel I need a backup plan if the Internet goes down.
I guess I could have Google Voice ring both my home and cell phone at the same time. How does that work if we only have the cell phone on if the Internet is down and once in awhile when we are not home. Would my turned off cell phone voice mail pick up the call on the first ring?