Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#58490 by beachbum
Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:34 am
I got mine the mid/end of March 2009 and it died June 16 with the Orange Light of Death. So mine lasted not quite 15 months.

You guys do realize that people that had one that died and canceled their accounts are no longer here and won't respond. Is Nov 2008 really the oldest for the people still on the forums? So far, the majority of replies has been about a year. That really doesn't say much... I'm definitely not buying another one if they don't seem to last much more than a year. Is that how ooma makes $$? Planned obsolescence?
#58497 by ktinca
Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 am
Beachbum,

Did you purchase your Ooma with a credit card that has extend the warranty feature?

If you did, you can make a claim with the credit card company, then get your money refunded so you can purchase a new Ooma.
#58501 by Groundhound
Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:49 pm
beachbum wrote:I got mine the mid/end of March 2009 and it died June 16 with the Orange Light of Death. So mine lasted not quite 15 months.

You guys do realize that people that had one that died and canceled their accounts are no longer here and won't respond. Is Nov 2008 really the oldest for the people still on the forums? So far, the majority of replies has been about a year. That really doesn't say much... I'm definitely not buying another one if they don't seem to last much more than a year. Is that how ooma makes $$? Planned obsolescence?

If you go to the forum member list and sort based upon join date and then look at most recent visit date, you will find plenty of examples of folks who visit the forums occasionally and joined earlier than Nov, 2008, but don't post frequently. More often than not, people post to forums to get answers and then don't post very often when their questions are resolved. Also many don't even join the forum until long after they purchased their Ooma and then do so to resolve problems or questions. So I wouldn't try to draw correlations between responses to this thread and customers who canceled their accounts.

BTW, I became an Ooma customer on May 14, 2009, and have found it to be a satisfying and money saving product.
#58558 by scoutconnor
Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:15 am
beachbum wrote:I got mine the mid/end of March 2009 and it died June 16 with the Orange Light of Death. So mine lasted not quite 15 months.

I've seen some of the original "White Rabbits" (the original beta testers for the Ooma Hub back the summer of 2007) around the forums from time to time. They are still here, they just don't post frequently.
#58616 by emarkay
Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:55 pm
Just installed it today - :)
$199 from Frys.com - "Hub & Scout"