suggestion: inbound caller id should look in address book

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
skittish

suggestion: inbound caller id should look in address book

Post by skittish » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:01 am

I would love to have Ooma look at my address book for incoming calls. Many of my friends aren't properly registered in the caller id database, and so only their phone number shows up or just "unknown caller". If Ooma could override those by looking at my address book entries, that'd be the bees knees.

southsound

Re: suggestion: inbound caller id should look in address book

Post by southsound » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:20 am

I'd like see this also. I normally use my Uniden 1580 system handsets more than I do my Telo handsets - so it would be great to have this behavior on the PHONE jack.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:43 pm

If you have a Telo, the address book lookup works on the Telo Handset as well as phones connected to the PHONE port. After loading/updating your contacts on My Ooma, hit the "sync" button at the bottom of the contact list and wait a few minutes. Once your Telo has pulled down your contact list, it will use it for display of the caller-id.

southsound

Post by southsound » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Dennis P wrote:If you have a Telo, the address book lookup works on the Telo Handset as well as phones connected to the PHONE port.
For some reason, that is not happening on my Telo. Just one example: I received a call from a person at 9:17 this AM. My Telo handset shows the name of the caller and the phone number because the caller is listed in my contacts list. My Uniden that is plugged into the PHONE port says "Cell Phone" and the phone number. I guess that is why I was not aware that the PHONE jack was sending the contact list information.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Looks like a bug where it doesn't overwrite it with the local address book entry if a name was received from the remote party.