Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#57905 by nn5i
Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:56 pm
How do I change my time zone? It's incorrect, which places an incorrect time in CallerID for incoming calls. In my phone system, all kinds of things depend on the time in the CallerID. How do I change it from PDT to EDT? I found no way to do this on the Ooma web site, but the web site isn't very easy to use so I may just have missed it.
#57910 by murphy
Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:27 pm
You will have to call customer support to get that fixed.
#57938 by ntoy
Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:35 am
Hello,

I made the change from Pacific to Eastern time for you. Please
allow some time for the config files to update.
#57966 by nn5i
Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
#58034 by nn5i
Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 am
nn5i wrote:
ntoy wrote:Hello,

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

You are still a gentleman and a scholar, but a day and a half later I still get a wrong time in CallerID for incoming calls. I'll call Customer Support.
#58035 by nn5i
Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:31 am
Aha -- Customer Support had no clue, but in passing mentioned something that suggested to me that the time was stored locally in the Telo. As an experiment I powered the Telo off, then back on. This updated the time, and I now get correct time on incoming CallerID.

Good thing; my computers all set their clocks by incoming CallerID, and they've been 3 hours wrong for days. Now they're all correct within 30 seconds, which is as close as you can get from CallerID -- it doesn't give you seconds, only hours and minutes.

So: when you change time zones in Ooma's records, you've got to power-cycle the Telo. CS didn't know this.