Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#3694 by rajeev_mahajan
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:17 am
Tried the *99 before sending the fax, pausing between the *99 and the number, setting ECM off, hooking directly to the hub without the splitter, turning the baud rate down to 9600 (found something on HP's forums on how to use the developer menu) but no luck with outbound faxing using an HP3050. Saw some reference on another page to a T.38 standard that ought to fix/improve the faxing support over ooma. Is there a plan or timeline to implement that any time soon?
#3812 by Bobby B
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:00 pm
Hi rajeev,

This probably won't be implemented until the latter half of this year (at the earliest).

Thanks,
Bobby
#4133 by jayq
Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:37 pm
Been trying to hook up ooma to fax for the last 6 hrs, getting a bit frustrated now. Got a very clear voice signal :-). But need fax to work. Was able to send ok once but having no luck recieving. Have received partial pages but with errors. Have an Hp all in one L7780. Anybody know how to make this work or what is wrong?
#4134 by murphy
Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:45 pm
jayq wrote:Been trying to hook up ooma to fax for the last 6 hrs, getting a bit frustrated now. Got a very clear voice signal :-). But need fax to work. Was able to send ok once but having no luck recieving. Have received partial pages but with errors. Have an Hp all in one L7780. Anybody know how to make this work or what is wrong?

Do you have the fax machine connected to the hub?
Are you dialing *99 in front of the number for an outgoing fax?
Do you have the ooma answering machine set long enough that it doesn't answer before the fax machine answers?
#20083 by daet
Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:13 am
Bobby B wrote:Hi rajeev,

This probably won't be implemented until the latter half of this year (at the earliest).

Thanks,
Bobby

Interesting - is ooma considering providing a T.38 gateway in the way that Vonage and a few other VoIP providers do? That would be nice, but isn't that rather expensive to implement?

DG
#32744 by PasadenaTelo
Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 pm
Rajeev, I'm having the same problem sending fax through my Telo. Phone call goes out, but while negotiating connect the call is terminated with Comm Error message on fax machine. Have tried turning of ECM, *99, reducing baud rate, etc. Nothing working. Were you able to get your HP3050 fax to work?
#32855 by aeromech
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:43 pm
I have an HP2840 and found the comma (,) before the number causes a 2 second pause before dialing so I used 2 comma's in the fax send setup menu and finally got it to fax.
Still working with it though.