Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#57201 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:27 pm
Review: Ooma Telo is great Internet phone device

"Google Voice will transcribe an unlimited number of voice mails for you for free, but you get what you pay for: Ooma employs people to listen to the voice mails (but splits each one up among several listeners to preserve privacy), while Google Voice relies on voice-recognition software. In my test, Ooma's transcriptions were accurate, while Google Voice had howling errors in every one."

This is news to me.
#57206 by Groundhound
Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:04 pm
lbmofo wrote:Review: Ooma Telo is great Internet phone device

"Google Voice will transcribe an unlimited number of voice mails for you for free, but you get what you pay for: Ooma employs people to listen to the voice mails (but splits each one up among several listeners to preserve privacy), while Google Voice relies on voice-recognition software. In my test, Ooma's transcriptions were accurate, while Google Voice had howling errors in every one."

This is news to me.

See: https://my.ooma.com/products/addons_details/voice_to_text
I've howled at some Google Voice Transcriptions, but Ooma apparently takes all the fun out of them with accuracy - ho hum. Seriously, I don't have a need for that level of accuracy in VM transcriptions, but I can see how some might.