Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#57189 by Jerry_NA
Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:48 am
Hello,
I could not find a suggestion similar to my own. I would like the Telo volume touch control to indicate the volume level setting by dimming just that light. It is a real pain to re-set the Telo volume because there is no way to tell what level it is on right now. I cannot just "listen" to the volume because different voicemails are naturally different volumes, so I have to keep repeatedly pressing the voicemail play button to get a steady volume for comparison.
Volume off / muted could be indicated by red (if a red LED is already present under this control), so I can tell if anyone else in the house turned the Telo volume off. Other volume levels could be different brightnesses of blue up to maximum, independent of the brightness setting of the rest of the Telo display. Alternatively, this control could turn off (for mute) and flash (or cycle dim) from 1 to 4 times per second to indicate the volume level. Maybe for the truly light-phobic, this could be over-ridden when turning all Telo lights off. Something, please, rather than this guesswork. Thanks,
Jerry
#57562 by LKebschull
Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:21 pm
I agree. Sometimes I think that someone just left a long, silent voicemail, and then discover that the volume was turned off.
#59064 by alager
Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 pm
Having delt with human interface feedback at my work, the brightness of the volum indicator is probably not the best way to go, especially with blue lights. The human eye isn't very sensitive to blue, and thus a lot of people would have issues determining different brightness/volume levels. ;)

However, Ooma DOES need to improve the volume feedback on the Telo. I would suggest doing it the same way every other phone device does it, just play a sound to confirm the volume level that has been selected. :o

Aaron