Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#61486 by mesrepsj
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:02 am
bw1 wrote:
mesrepsj wrote:For being a company based on communication what a horrible job you do at communicating to your customers!

And if you're going to disparage people on the "interwebz" - it's "fanboi" - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi

Actually I know exactly how to spell it but I feel if I spell it in such a way it only makes me support the ridiculous nature of the Fanboy doesn't it? Anyway, nice to meet you FanBoY!

I think your missing the point anyway. I should not have to search the forums or blogs or even twitter for such info. In fact I was only going off the ad itself! I had no idea about this special offer but then I see my ad at the bottom saying "Earn $75 now" How about they simply update the banner ads at the bottom of the browser I mean seriously how can you argue with that? Anything else is basically a lame excuse. Get off your butts and update the web page end of story.
#61488 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 am
mesrepsj wrote:
bw1 wrote:
mesrepsj wrote:For being a company based on communication what a horrible job you do at communicating to your customers!

And if you're going to disparage people on the "interwebz" - it's "fanboi" - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi

Actually I know exactly how to spell it but I feel if I spell it in such a way it only makes me support the ridiculous nature of the Fanboy doesn't it? Anyway, nice to meet you FanBoY!

I think your missing the point anyway. I should not have to search the forums or blogs or even twitter for such info. In fact I was only going off the ad itself! I had no idea about this special offer but then I see my ad at the bottom saying "Earn $75 now" How about they simply update the banner ads at the bottom of the browser I mean seriously how can you argue with that? Anything else is basically a lame excuse. Get off your butts and update the web page end of story.

When you clicked on the ad at the bottom, what happend? Did it not tell you that the current program has expired? So, why did you send out the no good codes again?
#61492 by southsound
Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:20 am
mesrepsj wrote:I think your missing the point anyway. I should not have to search the forums or blogs or even twitter for such info. In fact I was only going off the ad itself! I had no idea about this special offer but then I see my ad at the bottom saying "Earn $75 now" How about they simply update the banner ads at the bottom of the browser I mean seriously how can you argue with that? Anything else is basically a lame excuse. Get off your butts and update the web page end of story.

I've been accused of being one of those fan-thingies (I think fan-raccoon was the actual observation) but I agree with you regarding the lack of communication and coordination from the website/blogs/twitter. ooma does much better at providing a great phone service than their marketing and marcomm groups do - and this is nothing new. The good news is that I didn't buy ooma for their marketing department or their promotions. I got it to save money on my phone bill without giving up phone quality or reliability. That is where they really excel. The other component that really works is this forum. We have lots of very bright user-contributors and three or so ooma moderators who are really the voice of ooma to us. Always spot on with help when they can give it - and no marketing bs.

You have been on the forum since April - and not one of your posts was in regards to poor phone service. I think that speaks for itself. It is the lack of a consistent and accurate marketing effort that has been the problem for you and many others - myself included. But I'll bet that you are like me, we didn't get ooma for its marketing expertise - we got it for great phone calls. Maybe your posts will help them (marketing and executive management) see the obvious. Great to have you here. :cool:
#61502 by mesrepsj
Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:12 am
Thank you Southsound for a great reply your 100% correct. I've had Ooma for I think two years now and never once has it not worked great (except two years later I still don't know how to use scout :P)

I did see that it showed it was expired and then I found this thread that someone said just a day before that the links were still working so that is where all this came about. I really hope Ooma get's on the ball and finds a good Marketing team soon. I don't see how they can last without one.