Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#57730 by southsound
Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:08 pm
It makes it really hard for anyone to promote the new program when the discount codes give you a price that is the same as many retailers who offer free shipping and no-hassle returns. Although I have listed over 120 codes on ooma.info, why would anyone want to use one? My 3 (the first ones, sorry) are still unused. As of today, here are a few of the retailers offering the same price without a code:

- Newegg.com
- Amazon.com
- Bestbuy.com

So why doesn't ooma make it more attractive for DEDICATED, LOYAL existing users to add to the ranks of ooma customers?

I know that I won't be able to personally use the codes they sent me - but I wonder if anybody was able to take advantage of them. I have not received even ONE email that a code had been used.
#57734 by Groundhound
Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 am
I've had one code used, and received a $25 Amazon gift coupon about a week later via email. There was no notification email when the code was used, I discovered it by checking on my code list in my.ooma.
#57737 by scoutconnor
Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:15 am
southsound wrote:So why doesn't ooma make it more attractive for DEDICATED, LOYAL existing users to add to the ranks of ooma customers?

I have to agree here. The "deal" isn't much of a deal anymore.
#57744 by Groundhound
Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:01 am
I suspect that Ooma has agreements with their retailers to only discount direct sales so far, and probably offers some incentive to the retailer so they can match the discounts without taking a margin hit while the program is going on. Having said that, I'm not sure why Amazon would feel a need to match us since every Ooma-direct sale with a discount code generates a $25 gift coupon that can only be spent at Amazon - just one of those retail mysteries I guess.
#57797 by allo
Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:20 pm
southsound wrote:It makes it really hard for anyone to promote the new program when the discount codes give you a price that is the same as many retailers who offer free shipping and no-hassle returns. Although I have listed over 120 codes on ooma.info, why would anyone want to use one? My 3 (the first ones, sorry) are still unused. As of today, here are a few of the retailers offering the same price without a code:

- Newegg.com
- Amazon.com
- Bestbuy.com

So why doesn't ooma make it more attractive for DEDICATED, LOYAL existing users to add to the ranks of ooma customers?

I know that I won't be able to personally use the codes they sent me - but I wonder if anybody was able to take advantage of them. I have not received even ONE email that a code had been used.

From my observations for almost a year now, i came to the conclusion that "the marketing dept" ; if there is one; is not quite up to the task at this co.... I can only summarize the marketing strategy as "a hopping one"... or "hit and miss".
If one looks back at all the different " deals" and "flavors" offered in the past year: none seems to have payed dividends to speak of ( did not work as intended!) .
Just a thought... I hope they will get their act together to make " this thing" work!
The future will tell!

No matter how you slice it Ooma is still expensive when compared to many other Voip services ; For a lot of people looking for a value phone service, ooma is simply too expensive: now in addition of shelling out up front more than $200, there is a monthly charge which averages $14 a month (tax, CID, voice mail, Premier, Basic, ...)
One can get a phone service as cheap as $5 a month without the burden of paying $250 for the Core/Telo, which is only good when using Ooma (cannot be used with other services).

The whole premise with ooma originally was to pay once upfront and that is all (which most reasonable people knew it was not sustainable)... and now you still have to buy the" proprietary" equipment and pay a monthly charge; which is simply too much for the majority of the people!
#57810 by lbmofo
Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:33 pm
If you need premier, for new comers, it is $13.47 otherwise it is $3.47 per month.

What can you get with $5 a month elsewhere?
#57826 by allo
Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:57 am
lbmofo wrote:If you need premier, for new comers, it is $13.47 otherwise it is $3.47 per month.

What can you get with $5 a month elsewhere?

PAY AS YOU GO for people who do not make many and long phone calls! People on a Budget!
#58044 by MsCoulter
Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:00 am
I have not received any codes and I actually referred 2 customers last time. Any thoughts on why I am being excluded?

I take it back, I found 3 sitting in the refer a friend section that expire June 30. I wonder how long they have been there and why I did not receive an email notice?
#58075 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 pm
They've been there since June 1. I got an email on 6/2 from ooma notifying me of this.