Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#56962 by Korleonis
Sat May 29, 2010 6:06 am
I would really like to see a Do Not Disturb feature added.
Like where I can tell Ooma to send all my calls to voice mail between 10pm and 8am. or any other hours I choose.
#56963 by southsound
Sat May 29, 2010 7:22 am
If you have Premier there is a manual DND feature - just hold the little envelope key down for 3 seconds and it will light up red. All calls will go to voicemail.

Another option: I use Google Voice as my front end for my ooma system - in other words, I give out my GV number and one of the numbers I forward to is my ooma Telo. GV has the ability to set up call handling for various groups - friends go to voicemail, family rings through, etc.
#56982 by Korleonis
Sat May 29, 2010 1:29 pm
Thank you Southsound, You have taught me something new about my Ooma.
It would still be nice to have some sort of setting on my dashboard, or settings, that would automatically send my calls to voice mail or refuse them, between hours that I choose, so I don't have to push the button everyday. Being older I will forget to push the button at night time, but be sorely reminded that I forgot to push the button when the strange drunk guy calling the wrong number at 2 in the morning calls looking for a ride home. :)
#56988 by southsound
Sat May 29, 2010 2:06 pm
Korleonis wrote:Being older I will forget to push the button at night time, but be sorely reminded that I forgot to push the button when the strange drunk guy calling the wrong number at 2 in the morning calls looking for a ride home. :)

I understand the "being older" thing. In March I had to check with my bride to see if she'd still need me and still feed me, now that I'm 64. I just feel good that I can't remember the last time I forgot something!

As to the calls at 2 - since I'm a recovery pastor (we even have 12-step meetings in the county jail) that person just might have been trying to call me for a ride to a meeting. Sorry for the inconvience! :P
#56989 by daet
Sat May 29, 2010 2:09 pm
southsound wrote:As to the calls at 2 - since I'm a recovery pastor (we even have 12-step meetings in the county jail) that person just might have been trying to call me for a ride to a meeting.

Thank you for the service to society that you provide. God Bless!

Joyce
#56990 by southsound
Sat May 29, 2010 2:14 pm
daet wrote:Thank you for the service to society that you provide. God Bless!

Joyce

You are very welcome, Joyce. Since I was a meth addict (now 37 years clean) it just seems like the least I can do. We have a saying in recovery, "You can't keep it unless you give it away." Richest blessings to you as well!
#57104 by burnside
Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 am
I'm all for a DND feature on the myooma settings. We like the phone off so the baby doesn't wake up. Every night I have to remember to go to the telo and manually press the envelope icon. Wish all this could just be done automatically.
#57112 by murphy
Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:11 am
burnside wrote:I'm all for a DND feature on the myooma settings. We like the phone off so the baby doesn't wake up. Every night I have to remember to go to the telo and manually press the envelope icon. Wish all this could just be done automatically.

Get yourself an appliance timer and kill the power to the Telo when you don't want the phone to ring. I realize that is the sledge hammer approach but it works.

Alternatively if you have AC powered phones, kill the power to the phones.

Or

If you have a router that has parental controls, put the Telo behind the router and block it's access to the internet when you don't want the phone to ring.
#57113 by burnside
Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:15 am
Thanks for the suggestions. I think it's just easier to give myself a routine of pressing the envelope icon on the telo every night. Still, the easiest would be if there was a feature on myooma to set a DND. It doesn't seem that complicated to implement.
#57874 by nn5i
Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:59 am
burnside wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I think it's just easier to give myself a routine of pressing the envelope icon on the telo every night. Still, the easiest would be if there was a feature on myooma to set a DND. It doesn't seem that complicated to implement.

I use a call-intercepting system that (among other things) has a quiet-hours feature. For each phoneset, you can specify that this phoneset will not ring at certain times of day. My bedroom phones don't ring at night, for example, while those in the rest of the house do. That way, if I'm up I answer, but if I'm abed I sleep uninterrupted. It can also assign quiet hours for any specific incoming caller (depending upon his caller-ID), limiting the times he can call; and it can restrict individual phonesets from being used at all by time-of-day -- useful to get the kids off the phone when they have phones in their rooms but should be asleep and not on the phone after midnight.

All this hasn't much to do with this thread -- except that, having designed and built this system myself, I can attest that this sort of thing is easy to implement.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests