Ooma's Voice Mail to Text

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
TimMonte

Ooma's Voice Mail to Text

Post by TimMonte » Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 am

While I am excited about the addition of this feature I feel the pricing model that has been developed is not reasonable and therefore not something that I will use until Ooma can develop a better pricing model. Basically you pay .25 cents per message with a minimum flat rate of $9.99 per month and then .25 cents for any message over 40. No break for signing up for monthly service. I would definitely be a customer is Ooma could provide a better pricing model say an annual subscription for $79.00 for X message and $99.99 for unlimited message. He Ooma think about it!

heilpern

Re: Ooma's Voice Mail to Text

Post by heilpern » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:49 am

I agree that the transcription price is quite steep, and not worth it. I was previously a Vonage customer, where I was charged .25 per transcription, but I did not have any monthly minimum. Essentially $10/month translates to a 40 transcription minimum.

I'm fortunate enough to also have a Google Voice number. I have my ooma account simultaniously ring GV, and I let GV manage voicemail instead. This becomes transcription at zero cost per message.

crpeck

Post by crpeck » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 am

This is an interesting idea - could you explain exactly how you do that? Doesn't the Ooma voicemail get in the way?

heilpern

Post by heilpern » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 am

crpeck wrote:This is an interesting idea - could you explain exactly how you do that? Doesn't the Ooma voicemail get in the way?
Set ooma to not send callers to voicemail until 7 rings have happened (actually it's timed at 42 seconds), and have Google send to voicemail sooner.

I agree, ooma's pricing model on this feature is pretty unreasonable. In my opinion, charge $0.25/message without any upfront fee (this is what Vonage does).