Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#56695 by TimMonte
Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 am
While I am excited about the addition of this feature I feel the pricing model that has been developed is not reasonable and therefore not something that I will use until Ooma can develop a better pricing model. Basically you pay .25 cents per message with a minimum flat rate of $9.99 per month and then .25 cents for any message over 40. No break for signing up for monthly service. I would definitely be a customer is Ooma could provide a better pricing model say an annual subscription for $79.00 for X message and $99.99 for unlimited message. He Ooma think about it!
#57102 by heilpern
Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:49 am
I agree that the transcription price is quite steep, and not worth it. I was previously a Vonage customer, where I was charged .25 per transcription, but I did not have any monthly minimum. Essentially $10/month translates to a 40 transcription minimum.

I'm fortunate enough to also have a Google Voice number. I have my ooma account simultaniously ring GV, and I let GV manage voicemail instead. This becomes transcription at zero cost per message.
#58364 by crpeck
Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:29 am
This is an interesting idea - could you explain exactly how you do that? Doesn't the Ooma voicemail get in the way?
#58709 by heilpern
Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:37 am
crpeck wrote:This is an interesting idea - could you explain exactly how you do that? Doesn't the Ooma voicemail get in the way?
Set ooma to not send callers to voicemail until 7 rings have happened (actually it's timed at 42 seconds), and have Google send to voicemail sooner.

I agree, ooma's pricing model on this feature is pretty unreasonable. In my opinion, charge $0.25/message without any upfront fee (this is what Vonage does).