Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
#56549 by FreePhone
Mon May 24, 2010 5:50 pm
I recently purchased an Ooma Core from Amazon for $199, with free shipping and no state tax. The box didn't say anything on it about paying fees or taxes and when I registered my Ooma I was not asked for my credit card info for the Premier trial period. I think Amazon has plenty of the first generation Ooma Core systems. Since these are the one's that really have no monthly fee without the Premier service, they may be in high demand. So I might just buy a few more of them from Amazon.
#56550 by lbmofo
Mon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm
Amazon? I don't remember them being cheaper than their current price $235; this year at least.
#56551 by FreePhone
Mon May 24, 2010 6:09 pm
Amazon had the Ooma Core for $200 a few weeks ago and only lasted a few days, but I now see the price went back up to $234.99. Amazon changes their prices all the time, so you have to check it often. I use Camel to check it for me, http://camelcamelcamel.com/ .
#56552 by lbmofo
Mon May 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Thanks for the link. I see that on Apr 29, 2010 it was $199.96. Very good tool indeed.
#56655 by FreePhone
Tue May 25, 2010 10:55 pm
Amazon had the Ooma Core for $169 on their "Today's Deals" for about an hour last month. No way Camel could catch that in time before it was over. So sadly, I missed out on that price.
#56664 by lbmofo
Wed May 26, 2010 6:22 am
Wow, missed that deal too. Meantime, Amazon price for Core went up $7 to $242 (:

TigerDirect, CompUSA, CircuitCity online have been out for sometime now.

RadioShack online is out as well but their stores still have the Core for sale for $199.99 through 5/29 as of now.
#56928 by lbmofo
Fri May 28, 2010 12:44 pm
lbmofo wrote:Wow, missed that deal too. Meantime, Amazon price for Core went up $7 to $242 (:

TigerDirect, CompUSA, CircuitCity online have been out for sometime now.

RadioShack online is out as well but their stores still have the Core for sale for $199.99 through 5/29 as of now.

Good news, hurry because might not last. As of now TigerDirect, CompUSA and CircuitCity online all have both the Core and Telo on sale for $199.99.

Telo Ooma 100-0201-100 Telo VOIP Device
Core OOMA SB 1000109101 VOIP Phone Adapter

Don't forget to use bing.com cashback. Just go to bing.com and search for "tigerdirect cashback" for example, and click on the tigerdirect link reflecting 12% cash back and go to tigerdirect that way. Buy your item and click on "claim cashback" on the order confirmation. You can sign up to bing.com cashback using any hotmail, live email address.
#57200 by osterizer
Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:38 pm
mrthreeplates wrote:Hi fellow OOMA users,

What led you to getting an OOMA?

Great story!

I had been a Vonage customer for four years, with lines at two locations. When the adapter's power supply died at my primary residence, they wanted me to agree to a one-year commitment before they'd ship a replacement part. Truth is, I probably would have stayed with them that long if the service was working -- I didn't know much about other VOIP carriers and I didn't want to risk losing my number in a porting gone awry. But the attitude that they could force me into a long-term agreement just to keep my current level of service ticked me off pretty fierce; I bought a Hub/Scout system that afternoon.

Here's my story of trying to cancel the ported line with Vonage -- they handled it so badly that I moved the other line to Ooma as well.
#58149 by mrthreeplates
Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:22 am
osterizer wrote:
Great story!

I had been a Vonage customer for four years, with lines at two locations. When the adapter's power supply died at my primary residence, they wanted me to agree to a one-year commitment before they'd ship a replacement part. Truth is, I probably would have stayed with them that long if the service was working -- I didn't know much about other VOIP carriers and I didn't want to risk losing my number in a porting gone awry. But the attitude that they could force me into a long-term agreement just to keep my current level of service ticked me off pretty fierce; I bought a Hub/Scout system that afternoon.

Here's my story of trying to cancel the ported line with Vonage -- they handled it so badly that I moved the other line to Ooma as well.

Hi Osterizer,

Thanks! My similar experience trying to cancel Vonage was so bad that I figured it couldn't have been an accident. Clearly they were playing hardball with me to stem their losses. It is too bad really, I wasn't unhappy with their product. Service does make a difference and I won't go back to them willingly.

George
#58202 by coldsteel
Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:19 am
I like your "Cutting the cord" stories and put a link to them from my blog. In regards to your search for RRF. I had the same trouble searching for FAX until someone here pointed out that the search engine on the site is BAD (broken as designed) and won't locate items with less than four characters. So you wont find FAX, RRF, DSL, QOS, CID, DID etc if you search for them with those terms.